Panel or last chance agreement

newfie

He said "they aren't happy with my over allowed." RNG's don't run over allowed. You should know that, Dave. ;)

And is he accepts the suspension he's basically admitting guilt.

If your BA was worth his weight then he would have better hopes on you. First of all they should be discounting your infractions from 2013-14. Too much time has passed. If they didn't think it was a big enough deal to follow up on then, they can't hold them against you now. Discipline on past practice.

sounds like an overall work history case. Harder for them to win.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
If it were me, I would go to Panel and not take any "Last chance" agreement (gee, sure seems like a violation of Art 6 NM).

I would contact and retain yesterday the best labor attorney I could afford (you cannot use a Teamster legal plan for this) if I really wanted to keep my job. You need someone specifically focused on you and your interests at this point.

Issues I would raise would include what steps the Company took to correct your apparently serious deficiencies starting with the footwear: Did they ask if you were having financial difficulties? Did everyone with improper footwear recieve the same discipline? Methods: did they retrain you & is it documented? Did they ride with you and focus on the issue they disciplined you for or just harass you for production? Did they offer to send you to INTEGRAD? Or did they just "train by discipline"?

If you survive this, and if the whole story doesn't change much I believe you can, going forward I would be very deliberate, cautious, and precise in entering and triple checking before I hit "stop complete" in the DIAD and in following the methods. If your overallowed isn't triple what it was before you aren't being deliberate, cautious, and precise enough.

newfie

If it were me, I would go to Panel and not take any "Last chance" agreement (gee, sure seems like a violation of Art 6 NM).

I would contact and retain yesterday the best labor attorney I could afford (you cannot use a Teamster legal plan for this) if I really wanted to keep my job. You need someone specifically focused on you and your interests at this point.

Issues I would raise would include what steps the Company took to correct your apparently serious deficiencies starting with the footwear: Did they ask if you were having financial difficulties? Did everyone with improper footwear recieve the same discipline? Methods: did they retrain you & is it documented? Did they ride with you and focus on the issue they disciplined you for or just harass you for production? Did they offer to send you to INTEGRAD? Or did they just "train by discipline"?

If you survive this, and if the whole story doesn't change much I believe you can, going forward I would be very deliberate, cautious, and precise in entering and triple checking before I hit "stop complete" in the DIAD and in following the methods. If your overallowed isn't triple what it was before you aren't being deliberate, cautious, and precise enough.

sounds like he's already a slow poke. If he was a rabbit they wouldn't be messing with him.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
so when I accidentally hit commercial on residential next day saver and it pops up late i should get an article 7 discharge? even though I could just void the stop and resheet it the correct way but for some reason I will get written up if I void the stop and correct my mistake?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's no dishonesty, no avoidable accidents, just 9 clerical errors over a two year period. The company will never win a case like that at panel in fact I doubt it will even go to panel they're just trying to intimidate you into signing an extra contractual agreement that will cost you your job down the road. I'd tell'em where to shove it.

Cowboy Mac

Here's a little something that I've learned:

If you're going to be slow or if you can't work as fast as others, at least do the job right. Take the time to cover all the bases, and most importantly, work safe.

Come in with a good attitude. Don't think to yourself, "How can I do the least amount of work in the most amount of time?"

Finally, be firm with management. File grievances when they mess with you. Eventually the will realize that you're not worth the trouble, but at least you do the job right, are safe, and have a can do attitude.

oldngray

nowhere special
if you void it and get a resig, should be no problem, happens all the time.
Anyone can hit the wrong button by mistake and since you can't edit you should void and resheet. No big deal.
It sounded like he is saying he was told not to void and resheet so got burned for late packages. I can't imagine a center manager saying that and if it happened to me I would get it in writing. He did it many times and never learned or protested his letters so he shouldn't be surprised it caught up to him.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
sounds like he's already a slow poke. If he was a rabbit they wouldn't be messing with him.
It's not that I think he should focus on being slow, it's that he should focus on following the methods and being accurate. Speed will naturally improve with tome. You can type 1000 words per minute with 0% accuracy, but you will never improve without focusing on accuracy first.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's not that I think he should focus on being slow, it's that he should focus on following the methods and being accurate. Speed will naturally improve with tome. You can type 1000 words per minute with 0% accuracy, but you will never improve without focusing on accuracy first.
I try and work smoothly and by the methods. Smooth is fast.

newfie

that's fine. that point was missing from your prior post.

there is still a reason he is being targeted with so many notice of discharges for so many BS reasons. If he was the guy that types a 1000 words a minute they wouldn't be targeting him.

Overpaid Union Thug

that's fine. that point was missing from your prior post.

there is still a reason he is being targeted with so many notice of discharges for so many BS reasons. If he was the guy that types a 1000 words a minute they wouldn't be targeting him.
There are two points that the OP mentioned that are likely the reasons why he's being targeted. He got into a heated argument with a supervisor and they are not happy with his over/under metric. There are probably very few CMs in the country that would be pursuing his termination in this manner because of his clerical errors. Especially considering the fact that many of them could have been fixed had they not told him not to. And pursuing him for his over/under would be a waste of time. The OP could be leaving out some pertinent info but to me this looks like a case of a butt hurt center manager going after the perpetrator.

oldngray

nowhere special
There are two points that the OP mentioned that are likely the reasons why he's being targeted. He got into a heated argument with a supervisor and they are not happy with his over/under metric. There are probably very few CMs in the country that would be pursuing his termination in this manner because of his clerical errors. Especially considering the fact that many of them could have been fixed had they not told him not to. The OP could be leaving out some pertinent info but to me this looks like a case of a butt hurt center manager going after the perpetrator.

Always 3 sides to every story and we have only heard one.

newfie

There are two points that the OP mentioned that are likely the reasons why he's being targeted. He got into a heated argument with a supervisor and they are not happy with his over/under metric. There are probably very few CMs in the country that would be pursuing his termination in this manner because of his clerical errors. Especially considering the fact that many of them could have been fixed had they not told him not to. And pursuing him for his over/under would be a waste of time. The OP could be leaving out some pertinent info but to me this looks like a case of a butt hurt center manager going after the perpetrator.

Probably more then one butt hurt. But who knows

DOK

so when I accidentally hit commercial on residential next day saver and it pops up late i should get an article 7 discharge? even though I could just void the stop and resheet it the correct way but for some reason I will get written up if I void the stop and correct my mistake?

You wouldn't get written up if you voided and rerecorded the correct way in my center. Just call it in when it happens, simple.