Panhandlers on your route

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I once made the mistake of asking a doable homeless woman if she would be willing to pay for her donation in trade. After a series of very painful shots I vowed never to make that mistake again.
IMG_1623.JPG

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I watched an epic scene unfold on the main drag of my route right in front of a 7-11 this past summer.

We were in the middle of a rather oppressive heat wave and these two reprobates were outside of the store doing their thing. The guy was easy 6'4" 300 but I had never seen him before and the woman was an old drug addict who is a regular.

I guess business wasn't good that day, because he walked up to her (they weren't a team) and straight up cold-roosters her. She falls to the ground in a heap.

He then walks back to his side of the store entrance and leans up against the wall and waits for PD to come. Cops come, he doesn't give them any trouble and they take him away.

Store owner later tells me that he's done that before just so he can go to the county lockup for a few days to be out of the heat and get a meal.

Brilliant.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had one ask for for a couple of dollars so he could buy a ham sandwich. I gave him one from my lunch bucket. He said I didn't want a friend* ham sandwich, I wanted beer money.
Well.... you should have said that in the first place.
20/20 or someone did a special on them one year. 99% of the time it's one of two things. A drunk or druggie who is just gonna blow the money. Or and this is pretty amazing. It's people who have nice homes in the suburbs who drive into the city and beg. They make a decent tax free living this way.

20/20 or someone did a special on them one year. 99% of the time it's one of two things. A drunk or druggie who is just gonna blow the money. Or and this is pretty amazing. It's people who have nice homes in the suburbs who drive into the city and beg. They make a decent tax free living this way.
I seen that first hand when I delivered in the city

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Two women with a stroller need money for the train. One is tapping away on a phone. At least her data plan is covered.

Obama phones, got 3 different companies handing them out at our health dept complex

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Had an area on my bid called 5 points, at one of the points a black gentleman with a horrible limp like a shattered or dislocated hip (worst limp Ive ever seen and very real looking) set up shop on the median.
Well being this area had 5 points to it, over the course of 3 or so hours with commits and bulk i found myself at the light 5 or 6 times everday for weeks talking with him.
So I get know him a bit. One day an EAM guy couldnt get to a bank at 5 points before commit with his others, ORS hands it to me says punch in early and go.
Interstate backed up so I cut thru town, and there is "limpy" strutting down the street fine as you please heading to "work" (median)

Was a fine conversation we had that first red light I hit.