Panic Mode

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Seems our center/ region is historically light. New rule is 9hr not 9/5. Zero ot for 22/3s. Rentals being returned. Pt sups have reduced shifts. I love the easy days but it’s getting concerning now. How’s everyone else’s volumes looking?

Seems our center/ region is historically light. New rule is 9hr not 9/5. Zero ot for 22/3s. Rentals being returned. Pt sups have reduced shifts. I love the easy days but it’s getting concerning now. How’s everyone else’s volumes looking?
Yes!! Our PT sups are cut to the bone and we’ve sent back rentals already, I’m sure seasonal cuts are next, supposedly because the company lost a bunch of money in November

Ghost in the Darkness

Light here too. They don't want us over 9 but not much they can do. I use my helper about half or less of their approved hours. First year we have worked every Saturday in December. Its really dumb too because I basically create 3.5+ hours of OT each week that didn't even exist. What i mean is what i could do in 5 hours Saurday my helper and I could do in a 9 or 9.5 (for me) (3 ish for my helper) all just working Monday.
This last week they sent a helper with me Saturday which didn't save any money because the stops were too spread out. So they payed us both to do what i could have done alone.
Monday it was so light i finished delivering at 1:30pm with lunch taken. Had to make pickups 2-3 hours+ early which ticked some of them off. They were hoping we would all code 5 but I said nope I'm not punching out til i get my 8. I told them next Monday they better cut routes and fill in where its light or they may start losing pickup customers.
I fully expect them to take a big hit when quarter earnings are released. Forget those benjamins they are collecting those shiny pennies.

GenericUsername

It's currently 4:12 as I post this and I'm sitting at home being paid still. They literally had no extra work to do to make 8, so I punched out. I did the same yesterday. Not sure what the deal is, but having the extra time is fine with me.

Ghost in the Darkness

Amazon flex is part of the reason here but i think the big reason is shippers made deals with our rivals to give them more thinking a strike was possible. I don't see that we are missing shippers just have less pcs from each of them.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Really freaking heavy lol this aint everywhere
9:45 preload wrap today.
Average piece count around 300 so still not as bad as last year

rod

Retired 22 years

Wait until after peak when half the troops are laid off and those working barely get 8 hours.

MendozaJ

They opened another building in my district so it’s been smooth sailing. Compared to last year’s disaster (forced 6 days, 68 hr weeks, bldg leave time 1030-1100), this is much preferred. I have to say that UPS made the proper adjustments. I noticed some Target labels have the ship date on them; ground pieces arriving next day!

The volume is still there. The efficiency has been impressive. I am a happy driver and investor.

Returntosender

I hope none of these guys are getting home early enough to bust their wife with a boyfriend. Lol.
D41D1AE1-C08B-4F65-90A3-E77C05581F6A.gif

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Get back to me on that
It was like that back when I first started in delivery, the first few weeks after peak it was like a ghost town, senior drivers would just take the whole week off. Now there's no break at all, they keep helpers on til the end of January. Internet shopping and returns.