Panic Mode

542thruNthru

Last couple weeks were heavy here. Now No one is allowed to work over 10 hours. I've been off before 6pm almost every day.

We're told next week will be hell but we shall see.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Last couple weeks were heavy here. Now No one is allowed to work over 10 hours. I've been off before 6pm almost every day.

We're told next week will be hell but we shall see.
I think we will have 3 days next week that will be really heavy. Luckily my route is 95% commercial. Only so much I can do between 10 and 3

Ghost in the Darkness

Why make your pick ups so early? Ask if anyone needs help during the downtime. If not sit and wait.

I asked the drivers around me, all were light too. I don't have any dropboxes or huge accounts just places that aren't ready for a pickup until the normal time i pickup. We were told to make our deliveries and make our pickups where allowed to and come back. So I was under the impression that sitting around for a couple hours waiting could be considered stealing time by idiots who run our center. Never been in that situation before.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
PANIC!
20180118_212319.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I asked the drivers around me, all were light too. I don't have any dropboxes or huge accounts just places that aren't ready for a pickup until the normal time i pickup. We were told to make our deliveries and make our pickups where allowed to and come back. So I was under the impression that sitting around for a couple hours waiting could be considered stealing time by idiots who run our center. Never been in that situation before.
I gotcha. Yeah I would have sent in a message asking for clarification.

M

MenInBrown

First time we’ve worked on Saturdays. Monday’s have been light. They did add about 5-7 more rts than last year so that has helped tremendously. Only working about 10hrs a day and 5-6hrs on Saturday. Been the easiest of many peaks so far.

barnyard

KTM rider
Our volume is up over last year, as is staffing. Monday, we ran 2 trailers that were forecast for Tuesday. So far, that has been my heaviest day this week. I was running 210ish stops the days after Thanksgiving and if the past is any indication, peak day should be at least 10% heavier than my heaviest day after Thanksgiving.

Today, my helper and I were discussing all the houses that have gotten deliveries every day during peak, that have only gotten 2-4 deliveries so far this year. My route is close enough to a metro that Amazon may have contractors delivering, if so, I have not seen them. So far, the only rentals I have seen on my route are FEG contractors and our guy that is delivering the PO and industrial park during peak.

I am at about 26 hours for this week. No complaints from me.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
:censored2:, kids. Does anyone here have any long term memory or sense of business management? Are you super “industrial engineers” really running around screaming the sky is falling and we’re all doomed. Man, we got a bunch of gossiping housewives here. Simply put, UPS built huge expansion hubs and consolidated a ton of their volume into sorts at automated hubs like Ontario and Louisvillle. The volume is not down, UPS has just got rid of the 3lb bag they were squeezing four lbs of :censored2: into, and exchanged it for a 10 gallon bucket. In a few years we’ll be right back where we we were: overflowing and raising hell.

hegro

Was going out with 380 stops last Wednesday and rolled over 100 stops 3 times last week. Down to 200 stops today and they sent me help when I had less than 40 stops left at like 5:30.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have never seen an easy Peak like this, we are over staffed. This time last year, my hub was buried and we were rolling at least 30 trailers every morning and leaving the building at 10-11:00. This year the Preload is down around eight and I usually get my last stop off with a little daylight left. My golf cart helper is incompetent and I usually have to bail her out everyday to get a little overtime. Macon Center and Albany Center has been blown away and rolling trailers this year, my supervisor has been sent to both the last two weeks to help. Fix one problem and fail somewhere else, great planning.

bugsbunny

Here in Northern California they already told us that there will be lay offs in January. They hired 15 to 20 new drivers. volume is down we are barely doing 8 hours no overtime . And we have 125 drivers in this hub.

Maple7

Super light in my building. 71 routes yesterday and I think only 2 people worked over 10 hrs. Most trucks are a walk through daily. Center manager and sups are gone by 5ish. I have never seen that in my career. Guess I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Haven’t gotten more than 8 hours on the clock since last Wednesday. Helpers and PVDs being benched. Split routes getting cut. We’ve also been enduring peak under a corporate occupation extra supervisors everywhere watching everyone. Drivers getting pulled into the office by the dozen for being over hours. Uniform inspections. Warning letters for wearing non UPS winter gear. Warning letters for drivers who’s helpers got injured on the job. Driver observations. They’ve even been texting the helpers while working asking to send pictures of their footwear and asking safety questions throughout the day.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Haven’t gotten more than 8 hours on the clock since last Wednesday. Helpers and PVDs being benched. Split routes getting cut. We’ve also been enduring peak under a corporate occupation extra supervisors everywhere watching everyone. Drivers getting pulled into the office by the dozen for being over hours. Uniform inspections. Warning letters for wearing non UPS winter gear. Warning letters for drivers who’s helpers got injured on the job. Driver observations. They’ve even been texting the helpers while working asking to send pictures of their footwear and asking safety questions throughout the day.
How does the helper send the pic? With their own data? What driver wouldn’t recommend against that? I would send a D* pic.