Paper !!!!!!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
First thing I would do when I got to work was hit the stop count clicker about 10 times for good measure...We are forgetting about those great paper pickup records, they weren't so bad when they had 15 per page but when they went to 5 a page I had bulk stops that would use a entire book a day, nothing like signing your name over and over for half an hour. Also, the lost billing pages that would be in your pouch, fun spending time rewriting those.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
How about being short on stops and adding a few JC Penney 323-999 DR-FD. Not that I ever did that, but I heard rumors.

Couldn't do that when I started. There was no Driver Release. Signature at every stop, residential included (with very few exceptions on pkgs with "release numbers"). We were required to try two neighbors before NI 1. Then had to return to address and leave a delivery notice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I went to driving school they showed us a video of a driver who had taped 20-25 tracking numbers on the cargo side of the bulkhead door. He was using those to pad his stop count.

He no longer works here.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
When I went to driving school they showed us a video of a driver who had taped 20-25 tracking numbers on the cargo side of the bulkhead door. He was using those to pad his stop count.

He no longer works here.
Didn't have tracking #s when I started ,, what year did you start driving ??? I didn't have driving school either !!

Anthonysg0113

Years ago when I was a shipping clerk before ups, our driver was on paper, and he would come in and take an hour and a half nap on his break. Now that I drive I could only imagine.

40 and out

Years ago when I was a shipping clerk before ups, our driver was on paper, and he would come in and take an hour and a half nap on his break. Now that I drive I could only imagine.
When I started driving, one of the routes I ran, the regular driver would often spend his lunch hour taking a nap on on one of the shelves. He would have someone bang on the side of the package car to wake him up.