Part-Time Preload During Peak - OT

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
One of the local jobs I applied for before settling on UPS had 73 other candidates. A decent job here is like a meaty bone in the middle of a pack of ravenous dogs. Think Afghanistan with a more favorable climate.
You can relocate. Its a big country.

Over 70

I'm well aware of the :censored2:storm that is peak, and I don't really give a damn. It's hell almost everyday here. But I can't imagine them firing me for only being able to come in 2 hours before normal start. I don't need the overtime. I come in ready to work everyday. I rarely have misloads, and I always help the slackers

You're reasonable, reasonable people don't stick around

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
This is great advice if you want to give 12 hours a day, five to six days a week, for the next 30 years (along with your soul) to UPS. It's good money... but that's all it is... money... you'll have plenty of it, but no free time, family life, time for your kids, hobbies, friends, or anything else.
. There's plenty of time for that during weekends..your probably one of those drivers that complain about working so much but get to center 1 hour before start time , and hangout two hours after , LOL

TheFigurehead

. There's plenty of time for that during weekends..your probably one of those drivers that complain about working so much but get to center 1 hour before start time , and hangout two hours after , LOL

Sorry... I have too much respect for myself to ever drive for this company (no offense to any old timers who took the job before it turned into what it is. It was a good job, once.)... I have too much respect for my wife and kid to ever be a driver at UPS. I work here for the insurance, and insurance only. Inside pay is a joke.

Sadly, I can work a full time and a part time job and still work less hours than your typical UPS driver all while being around during my kids waking hours. Sure, I make a bit less than a UPS driver 5 years out of progression... but I'll gladly make less to be present in my family's lives.

Brisket

I'm well aware of the :censored2:storm that is peak, and I don't really give a damn. It's hell almost everyday here. But I can't imagine them firing me for only being able to come in 2 hours before normal start. I don't need the overtime. I come in ready to work everyday. I rarely have misloads, and I always help the slackers

Don't say we didn't warn you...it could happen .

Over 70

200w (2).gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why can't the OP come in later? The preload won't be wrapped until 9:30 am anyway, no matter when they start? They suck!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
OP: don't listen to non-drivers complaining about what it's like being a driver..Once your kids grow up they will not wanna be around you anyways , then you'll be wishing you became the respected ups driver.

budlight

hey friend* face
Have you talked to whoever your boss is? Hey bossman, I can't start 4 hours earlier than normal start time, but I could swing 2. Whaddyasay?

DRporch

hasnt worked a peak but is well aware of what it hold for him LOLOLOL.... wants to take another job but complains that ups is willing to pay him overtime to work 9pm-9am i to hate overtime and will only work 50 hours at 2 different jobs not 1...