Part time reports?

TCD5150

Hey guys........I was wondering if anyone knows how many reports a part timer must have to keep insurance. I was told that full timers need one report per week but what about part timers? A couple of drivers at my center think that part timers need one a month but could not confirm that. I could not find any information on it anywhere, our steward is on vacation and mgmt. either doesn't know or doesn't care to tell. Any ideas? Thanks!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Hey guys........I was wondering if anyone knows how many reports a part timer must have to keep insurance. I was told that full timers need one report per week but what about part timers? A couple of drivers at my center think that part timers need one a month but could not confirm that. I could not find any information on it anywhere, our steward is on vacation and mgmt. either doesn't know or doesn't care to tell. Any ideas? Thanks!!

If you're in the current company plan, it's typically going to be one report per month to maintain insurance coverage. However, UPS often tries to drop coverage on people who take a leave of absence before the month is even up.

This will probably change under TeamCare, by the way.

If you're in the current company plan, it's typically going to be one report per month to maintain insurance coverage. However, UPS often tries to drop coverage on people who take a leave of absence before the month is even up.

This will probably change under TeamCare, by the way.
Teamcare told us we need to have one punch per week! I can see alot of guys on the bottom of the list , getting the short end!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Teamcare told us we need to have one punch per week! I can see alot of guys on the bottom of the list , getting the short end!

I don't follow. Once you have seniority, you're entitled to your PT guarantee unless the company initiates lay-off procedures. The only guys (in my experience, keeping in mind that I work in a larger hub with two package centers) that might get bumped this way typically don't even have the year necessary to have benefits.

The only people I really see this affecting are the senior PT'ers with other FT jobs that literally work two days or less per week "accidentally" getting dropped because they go a week without a report.