Part time retirement

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Best way to find out is email [email protected] . They will send you a form upon request ( once a year) how much you will get and when. There are check boxes on the form "estimate only" or "application for retirement" about 4 weeks after you will get a reply. This is for part time pension only. I kept a file of all my correspondence.
Getting my first SS deposit in 3 weeks while still working the full time job . Life is good and I don't miss the place at all but the pension and the benefits from the years put in were worth it. I saved a lot of $$ in the Teamsters 401k and some stock. No regrets.

joybells

Over 2 decades at a location....

Made zero real life contacts for answers to real life questions....

Sheesh
Thank you for your rude comment. I have real life contacts. The center I work at is really small. But I still contacted the union for answers and I sent a letter to UPS Part time retirement. I also asked around our center. I just thought someone on here might have some information too. Sorry to have bothered you!
Sheesh

joybells

Best way to find out is email [email protected] . They will send you a form upon request ( once a year) how much you will get and when. There are check boxes on the form "estimate only" or "application for retirement" about 4 weeks after you will get a reply. This is for part time pension only. I kept a file of all my correspondence.
Getting my first SS deposit in 3 weeks while still working the full time job . Life is good and I don't miss the place at all but the pension and the benefits from the years put in were worth it. I saved a lot of $$ in the Teamsters 401k and some stock. No regrets.
Thank you

joybells

Thank you. Yes I actually already emailed them. I just figured other people might have information too. I appreciate your help.

joybells

That’s what I was trying to convey when I said call your local union hall

But everybody that comes on here is only looking for the answers that they want to here not any real talk
Actually I did call our local union and I emailed UPS retirement. I just thought someone on here might have more information on part time retirement. Didn’t know people would be rude about my question. Sorry to bother you.

joybells

You will get basic answers here.

Don't trust anyone here to know your exact retirement benefits. It is different everywhere.

Best to contact the plan that administers your retirement!

Why? They are the only one you will deal with the rest of your LIFE! Your Local will probably be of little help.

Things that may happen after retirement:
Some only allow you to do certain types of work and hours you can work after you retire till a certain age.

If you didn't check in advance? Health insurance may or may not be available to you based on age and service requirements!
(Very important to know your rights when you retire! Don't go by someone's word, or they heard, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
before you retire)
Yes Thank you!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Actually I did call our local union and I emailed UPS retirement. I just thought someone on here might have more information on part time retirement. Didn’t know people would be rude about my question. Sorry to bother you.

just trying to keep it real
Didn’t mean to upset you sweetie

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Thank you for your rude comment. I have real life contacts. The center I work at is really small. But I still contacted the union for answers and I sent a letter to UPS Part time retirement. I also asked around our center. I just thought someone on here might have some information too. Sorry to have bothered you!
Sheesh
Tough lil cookie...

I can dig it.

Good luck with your questions.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Thank you. Yes I actually already emailed them. I just figured other people might have information too. I appreciate your help.
I was the steward on my shift and always advised the peeps to email the retirement address. I love the union but sometimes they forgot about the Pt'ers .I took as my job to look after their interests.

You will get basic answers here.

Don't trust anyone here to know your exact retirement benefits. It is different everywhere.

Best to contact the plan that administers your retirement!

Why? They are the only one you will deal with the rest of your LIFE! Your Local will probably be of little help.

Things that may happen after retirement:
Some only allow you to do certain types of work and hours you can work after you retire till a certain age.

If you didn't check in advance? Health insurance may or may not be available to you based on age and service requirements!
(Very important to know your rights when you retire! Don't go by someone's word, or they heard, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
before you retire)
Exactly measure twice and cut once

Re-Raise

Yes Thank you!!!
I just retired at 56 last fall. i had 8 yrs vested in the part-time pension that I would receive $385 a month for at normal retirement age of 65. If I elected to start receiving it now, it would be reduced by 6% for every year before normal retirement age..so I only get $245 a month.

Your situation may be different after hitting 25 or 30 yrs. They will spell out all of your options after you send them an email request.

I just retired at 56 last fall. i had 8 yrs vested in the part-time pension that I would receive $385 a month for at normal retirement age of 65. If I elected to start receiving it now, it would be reduced by 6% for every year before normal retirement age..so I only get $245 a month.

Your situation may be different after hitting 25 or 30 yrs. They will spell out all of your options after you send them an email request.
Would you take a buy out on your part-time pension if the company offered it to you?

Last edited:

A lot depends on your health and how long you expect to live. Taking the pension now means you will collect for an extra 9 years verses the higher amount for less years. The cross over point would be sometime in your mid to late 70's.