part time sups becoming union

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm not happy with their representation. As for anyone else, that's their opinion/business. For all I know they could be the best there is and even will be, in others eyes...

We had 5 22.3 jobs that were changed after our annual bid in 2008. The jobs were reworked so they have to hump packages for 8 hours, 4 in package and 4 in the hub. Previously they were 4 hours doing clerical work and 4 hours hub. That is what we all bid on and within the weeks all of the moves were made in the Local from bids, the jobs were changed.

The union did not help at all, they said tough *****, work slower if it's too much. Almost as though the union had a hand in it, and thats the treatment we get

This is one example of Local 25 representation. I'm sure other locals would have addressed the issue and pushed for at least a rebid.
My understanding of 22.3 jobs is one half should be hard work and the other half should be considered soft. No one should do 4 hours package and 4 hours unload. I will agree with you 100%.

I would still shoot a call to Sean.

atatbl

While your laughing at me just remember that my wife and kids are still with me.

Can you say the same? I don't think so! So who's really laughing right now?

*** is that? lol, I thought you believed your hype until I saw this demonstration of insecurity.

kingOFchester

Red, uncalled for. I am not one that has a thin skin. You could say what ever you want about me or any poster...heck I don't even believe in “politically correct.”

However, I still recognize a creepy statement.

Last edited:

ih8tbrn

Banned
While your laughing at me just remember that my wife and kids are still with me. I also can walk in to work every day knowing that my rights will not be walked all over.

Can you say the same? I don't think so! So who's really laughing right now?

Hmmmmm......If this is the way things are handled in your neck of the woods, it's no wonder there are so many problems there.

drewed

Shankman
While your laughing at me just remember that my wife and kids are still with me. I also can walk in to work every day knowing that my rights will not be walked all over.

Red, I know our disagreements havent been fun but you never brought anything personal into it....what happened? :(

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Back on topic -

I had to see my HR guy for something totally unrelated - I stopped in his office yesterday and found him busy, talking with three sups.

On the desk was Teamsters paperwork, and Teamsters application forms (for lack of a better term) I swear This is the truth, and it reminded me of this thread. There is something going on with this, I have no doubt.

Forms had teamsters letterhead (may have been local) maybe 6 X 9