Pass Questions

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well SuperSup,congratulations,you've graced us with 50 posts.We are all a lot better off to be blessed with your well thought out,insightful gems of infinate wisdom.It took me awhile,but I figured out your little acronym riddle.JA describes a person that finds pleasure in demeaning others.A Junior Achiever.I look forward to more of you upbeat posts,unless a mod decides (God forbid)they've had enough and bans you altogether.
DS, are you the first one on the list to vote him out?:wink2:

SuperSup

Well SuperSup,congratulations,you've graced us with 50 posts.We are all a lot better off to be blessed with your well thought out,insightful gems of infinate wisdom.It took me awhile,but I figured out your little acronym riddle.JA describes a person that finds pleasure in demeaning others.A Junior Achiever.I look forward to more of you upbeat posts,unless a mod decides (God forbid)they've had enough and bans you altogether.

There should be a space between the comma and insightful, and it's I-N-friend-I-N-I-T-E. You should double space between periods and the first letter of the next sentence, and single space between commas and the next word. ****. Go away.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbrownhen

Our center has now been on pass for a few months now.
One question; When does the stupidity end? They said it would tighten routes and make everyone more efficient. We now have drivers running all over each other making stops across the street from each other. We get splits that are not near our routes. Drivers with 25 stops in a neighborhood and another driver with one or two in the same neighborhood who needs to drive several miles off his area to make them.
They will load a school as stop number 140,unless you can del 139 stops before 2.30 you will miss it.
When we down load EDD in the morning we all just need to laugh at the stupidity when we compare what they have done.

Another thing , the load is much worse with pass than before. They will have 50 stops hammered in on section and an empty shelf in another section.

Every day after I del. my air I find a place and reload the entire truck.
I have tried to del like pass has it loaded and I spend a lot of time digging looking for packages that are in the wrong section. Why if the "ABC" company has five packages are the loaded in many different places.

I have tried to talk to the sups about it and they could care less. They say they care but they continue to do the same thing day after day.

Does it ever get any better???????????????????

The criss crossing splits dont change, somethings you mention will in time, but mostly, its up to the driver to fix the mess as usual.

Last edited:

satellitedriver

There should be a space between the comma and insightful, and it's I-N-friend-I-N-I-T-E. You should double space between periods and the first letter of the next sentence, and single space between commas and the next word. ***.
Thank you,
self acclaimed English professor.
Might I suggest you apply standardized grammatical rules into your own posts?
I can count more grammatical flaws, in your post, than you point out in the post you are attacking.
Having addressed that topic, I will move on.
You are skating on thin ice.
You have no right, or privilege, to tell anyone to "shut up" in Brown Cafe.
You have no authority to tell anyone in Brown Cafe to "Go Away".
You do have the right to remain silent, any, and everything you say will be used against you . (Simple use, of the Miranda warning)
To use your vernacular,
when sparing, one should always use a mouth guard. If you don't, you could easily end up losing your teeth, in the Brown Cafe arena.
I hope, and trust, you get my drift.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Try to remember that trolls and Internet Commandos can only thrive in an enviornment where their posts are responded to in the first place.

They are unable or unwilling to engage in open and honest debate, or to contribute new ideas....so instead they issue personal insults, resort to threats, and make crude sexual innuendos. They also criticize other people's spelling and typographical errors.

To confront the troll or attempt to beat him at his own game is a waste of time and energy; by doing so, one simply feeds the troll that which he so desperately seeking in the first place.

A good mental excercise is to eliminate the word "you" from your posts whenever possible. Address the post itself, not the poster. Take the high road and stay out of the mud pit. Remember that if only one person participates in a pissing match, that means its just a guy making a mess all over himself while everyone else stands around and watches

screamin chicken

Our center has now been on pass for a few months now.
One question; When does the stupidity end? They said it would tighten routes and make everyone more efficient. We now have drivers running all over each other making stops across the street from each other. We get splits that are not near our routes. Drivers with 25 stops in a neighborhood and another driver with one or two in the same neighborhood who needs to drive several miles off his area to make them.
They will load a school as stop number 140,unless you can del 139 stops before 2.30 you will miss it.
When we down load EDD in the morning we all just need to laugh at the stupidity when we compare what they have done.

Another thing , the load is much worse with pass than before. They will have 50 stops hammered in on section and an empty shelf in another section.

Every day after I del. my air I find a place and reload the entire truck.
I have tried to del like pass has it loaded and I spend a lot of time digging looking for packages that are in the wrong section. Why if the "ABC" company has five packages are the loaded in many different places.

I have tried to talk to the sups about it and they could care less. They say they care but they continue to do the same thing day after day.

Does it ever get any better???????????????????
It's the same here. I have learned to just to sort the section I am at and if the stop has 5 pkgs. and I only see 4 I will look at that section, if I do not find it I will eventually and then I will go back. It is alot less stressfull and you will save time that way.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe the fact that you can't properly abbreviate Preload Assist System (PAS, not Pass), is a clue that it's not the system, ...

What is the matter with this guy?
This system is new to this guy, so yes he's ignorant to certain aspects.
That was the purpose of his post.
Knowing the acronym doesn't help.
Sad truth is that this lemon could be significantly sweetened with an increase in maintenance and a partnership with the drivers who use it.
Company spends millions in the implementation of this system and skimps on its daily maintenance.
There will never be a preload supe with the area knowledge for every route they dispatch and of course the hourlies can't be trusted.
A viscous cycle that's played itself out in a continuous loop for 6 years now in my center.
My advice to this driver is to not plan for anything after work.
That way he won't be disappointed.
Stay in the companies ill advised trace as much as possible without incurring "known" service failures.
Take the hours, there will be a lot to be had.

P.S. It always makes me laugh at the desperation some people show when the only thing they can come up with is spelling and grammar errors in the absence of any real constructive advice or criticism. Was going to tell StuperSup to pound salt but concluded that him continuing to pound his head against the wall like most of his peers is sufficient.