Pay actual or not Friday?

Johney

There is not a driver in the building I work out of that works less than 9 hours a day unless it's an 8 hour request. I passed several heading back last night we'll after 9:00.

AKCoverMan

Our center manager sent out an ODS last week saying that we had to initial any time card changes. Someone must have filed a grievance.
We have a GTS logbook in a binder.. Anytime they have to fix start time (playing "musical routes" after PCM) or merge DIADs after one fails on road we have to sign the logbook. OMS said its was because of getting caught during an audit with so many undocumented time card edits.

UPSGUY72

I will tell you that every non-operational day our center manager stands in front of us and says that if we start as Code 05 but go over 8 that he will change the 05 to 06.

I love how the 30 day wonders are so cocky.

They can't change you time card from 05 to 06 or from 06 to 05 that's against the law also it called stealing or having you work for free. They tell you in the morning what you are the rest is there problem not yours...

Anyways why would it matter ??? If you work over 8 hrs it doesn't matter whether your coded as 05 or 06 you still getting paid for 8 hr or more. 06 just means you have to put in a lunch. If you started 05 and you come back to the build at 8 hrs and they tell you to change it to 06 and put a lunch in then they are making you work 1 hr for free unless you sit there for another hr... Last time I checked that is against the law...

Johney

They can't change you time card from 05 to 06 or from 06 to 05 that's against the law also it called stealing or having you work for free. They tell you in the morning what you are the rest is there problem not yours...

Anyways why would it matter ??? If you work over 8 hrs it doesn't matter whether your coded as 05 or 06 you still getting paid for 8 hr or more. 06 just means you have to put in a lunch. If you started 05 and you come back to the build at 8 hrs and they tell you to change it to 06 and put a lunch in then they are making you work 1 hr for free unless you sit there for another hr... Last time I checked that is against the law...
You have to take a 30 minute break if you work 8 hours according to the DOT. 7.99? No.

AKCoverMan

You have to take a 30 minute break if you work 8 hours according to the DOT. 7.99? No.
You are exempt from the DOT requirement for a 30 consecutive minute break if you are on duty less that 12 hours and do not travel to a point outside a 150mi radius of your home terminal and yum return to your home terminal.

Which describes the vast majority of package car routes.

UPSGUY72

You are exempt from the DOT requirement for a 30 consecutive minute break if you are on duty less that 12 hours and do not travel to a point outside a 150mi radius of your home terminal and yum return to your home terminal.

Which describes the vast majority of package car routes.

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/part/395
Part 395
HOURS OF SERVICE OF DRIVERS

e) Short-haul operations —(1) 100 air-mile radius driver . A driver is exempt from the requirements of § 395.8 if:

(i) The driver operates within a 100 air-mile radius of the normal work reporting location;

(ii) The driver, except a driver-salesperson, returns to the work reporting location and is released from work within 12 consecutive hours;

Johney

Not true 99% of package car driver fall under the short haul exception as they don't drive outside a 100 mile air radius of their center. Which means a 30 min break ins't required...

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/part/395
Okay I scanned through that and didn't see where it says that, also why in feeders must we take 30 minutes straight before 8 hours even if we're under the 100 mile air radius or as they say "as the crow flies"?

UPSGUY72

Okay I scanned through that and didn't see where it says that, also why in feeders must we take 30 minutes straight before 8 hours even if we're under the 100 mile air radius or as they say "as the crow flies"?

Rest breaks. Except for drivers who qualify for either of the short-haul exceptions in § 395.1(e)(1) or (2), driving is not permitted if more than 8 hours have passed since the end of the driver's last off-duty or sleeper-berth period of at least 30 minutes.

UPSGUY72

What is the difference between hours worked and punch to punch if you are working less than 8 hours?

not much. But punch to punch would mean your not taking a break and hours is exactly that hours worked and if you take a break it would be unpaid. You said you couldn't take a break when working 05 which is hours worked not punch to punch and that technically is not true.....