Pay actual or not Friday?

By The Book

When working a code 5 the intent from management is usually the day is light and bring it in, under 8 hours. This code 5 doesn't mean that you can't take a paid break if you've worked enough hours to qualify for one. You will be paid for all hours inclusive of your break. On days like the day after thanksgiving they usually have a lot of routes run to cover the time commits which means most are under 8. If you are scheduled as a seniority driver you are entitled to the daily guarantee. In my opinion there shouldn't be a choice to code 5. Some centers post all time card edits, by contract.

clean hairy

Considering how many $$$ per hour we are being paid for working on Fri, take all you can get! I would skip pay actual myself.
Not many chances to haul in big bux for 1 day of work!
(depending on your supplement, of course!
Question for the Southern, we get Holiday plus Double time.
As an example, say a PT in the Southern is at $20 per hour, triple time $60 per hour.
Lets just say by some fluke this person went 6 hours.
After 5 is overtime, at 1.5 the hourly rate.
So, this person would get $90 for the 1 hour of overtime?

By The Book

Considering how many $$$ per hour we are being paid for working on Fri, take all you can get! I would skip pay actual myself.
As an example, say a PT in the Southern is at $20 per hour, triple time $60 per hour.
What may impact this scenario is the article 40 air language that talks about air support work. Article 40 supersedes all other language.

Johney

What may impact this scenario is the article 40 air language that talks about air support work. Article 40 supersedes all other language.
This I believe is what kills the feeder guys who are working Friday morning pulling air from the airport. No double time. The Sun-Thurs guys get bonned, but the Mon-Fri guys make out.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No. Double time for all hours.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Okay I scanned through that and didn't see where it says that, also why in feeders must we take 30 minutes straight before 8 hours even if we're under the 100 mile air radius or as they say "as the crow flies"?

In that scenario, staying within a 100 mi radius, it is not a DOT requirement to take a 30 minute rest period.

If you are insructed to do it, it is a UPS policy. In the Central, it is also a contractual requirement, rarely enforced, of when you can and should take your lunch/meal.

Sometimes UPS corporate just makes a blanket policy covering everyone.

Ex. All feeder drivers are required to take at least a 30 minute meal before 8 hours of on duty time....even though it is not an Hours of Service requirement for some. (Short Haul exception)

Cementups

Box Monkey
I requested a short day last year. Instead I was sent out with a full dispatch and was the last one in. Everyone else had 2-3 shelves empty in all sizes of trucks but I was sent out with a bricked out P13. Most everyone else was in within 4 hours, I worked 9. needless to say, I was pissed

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I turned in a closing list before starting vacation. Most of my route is open and the cover driver should have a good day. Sweeping the pickups should make it easier for me on the following Monday.