Paycheck is short again, im done

This is my second paycheck in a row that has been shorted several hours and couldnt get the first one fixed. I mention it to my pt sup to get this fixed and yet I'm pointed in every direction with no answer. Then somehow my paycheck is short a second time miraculously. Between working for free, a toxic work culture, the push for unattainable high expectations from human beings that are imperfect and yet expected to be perfect IM OUT. All I ever heard is that "we are short staffed" and it started making sense very quickly. if you have people who use sick days just to not deal with the drama and nonsense then you have a huge issue on your hands. Everyone that started working at the same time as me have all quit. I feel cheated for not quitting sooner.

All you guys who think this job is amazing you have been brainwashed!

AKCoverMan

$120,000k last year, plus 100% premiums of health care plan paid, about $20k in pension contributions a year.

This job is amazing. I don’t think I’m brainwashed…

Keep good personal records sbout your hours… go find your shop steward…file an article 17 shortage grievance.. wash rinse repeat. They seem to friend up part time time cards all the time..

ManInBrown

Every time I see one of these threads I Say the same thing. I’ve never been shorted a minute In my all my time at UPS. I keep track of my hours on an app hours tracker. Is it a PT thing? I’d be furious if my i was shorted.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No, we few are survivors of a warped culture.
The turnover rate at UPS has always been high.
In my early years, when they gave tours of new hires, we would count heads to see how many would return the next night.
Anyone who did was known as 1 of X, 2 of X and so on.
The highest count was 27 of which none actually showed up.

Commercial Inside Release

A culture of pissing off employees is the death nell of a corporation. Each one of those people tell at least 3-10 people, and they go to our competition. Entire communities have been taken for a ride by UPS, in that regard.

UPS should be in favor of immigration, because they've already burned through the available, resident populous.

Stamp it!

quad decade guy

41 years here.

Blah, blah.

I will say this: Was it worth it?

You bet.

BTW, never in 41 years.....calculated a paycheck.....I really don't known how much we make per hour. My paychecks always look about the same as I usually work the same amount of hours. When I start a new run, I'll see what it does for my take home pay..... I've had 2 "GREEN CHECKS"(payroll adjustments) in 41 years.

Our payroll clerks know their stuff. Here. Never worry about my paycheck. Never. Most of my pay stubs go un-opened.

The Wife pays the bills. I'll hear about anything unusual....my paycheck is steady and reliable. Always has been. This steadiness has allowed for our planned retirement on schedule. We've had decades of steady and reliable income that provides a comfortable lifestyle.

To the OP: Quit. You aren't strong enough to survive.

trickpony1

If the OP has exhausted the grievance procedure then he should contact his state's Dept of Labor, Wage and Hour Division. They tend to get things done.

The OP should wait until the DOL resolves this issue before he leaves.

quad decade guy

If the OP has exhausted the grievance procedure then he should contact his state's Dept of Labor, Wage and Hour Division. They tend to get things done.

The OP should wait until the DOL resolves this issue before he leaves.
Really? DOL....omg.

He hasn't even grieved it. Why? File everyday until it's fixed. I would think that would get someone's attention. How about confronting their MGR. EVERYDAY......LOUDLY.

quad decade guy

A culture of pissing off employees is the death nell of a corporation. Each one of those people tell at least 3-10 people, and they go to our competition. Entire communities have been taken for a ride by UPS, in that regard.

UPS should be in favor of immigration, because they've already burned through the available, resident populous.

Stamp it!
Ok.

Entire communities....what does that mean? Really?

3-10......so, that means our competition is growing by 3-10? Or losing 3-10 also....

Everyone I encounter(new hires) comes to UPS for pay and benefits. Usually from the "competition"....

Illegal/legal immigration only dilutes and reduces pay......because they'll work for less and are used to abusive working conditions.

quad decade guy

In my early years, when they gave tours of new hires, we would count heads to see how many would return the next night.
Warped. Please explain.

Gaining seniority and time is a process. Moving up also. These days actually pretty fast(I hear).

I've heard Amazon, the Post Office etc. is pretty "warped"......I guess? What Company isn't? How about the oil-field?

Nah
This is my second paycheck in a row that has been shorted several hours and couldnt get the first one fixed. I mention it to my pt sup to get this fixed and yet I'm pointed in every direction with no answer. Then somehow my paycheck is short a second time miraculously. Between working for free, a toxic work culture, the push for unattainable high expectations from human beings that are imperfect and yet expected to be perfect IM OUT. All I ever heard is that "we are short staffed" and it started making sense very quickly. if you have people who use sick days just to not deal with the drama and nonsense then you have a huge issue on your hands. Everyone that started working at the same time as me have all quit. I feel cheated for not quitting sooner.

Why didn't you file a grievance? If it was really several hours like you say, you would've been entitled to 1/2 of your daily guarantee per week that they didn't correct it. There's an opportunity there to come back with more money than you actually worked for.

And don't worry about their expectations. They mean nothing.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
A gaggle of new twi workers were given the tour every week. Very high dropout rate.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

1649608327534.gif

AKCoverMan

Every time I see one of these threads I Say the same thing. I’ve never been shorted a minute In my all my time at UPS. I keep track of my hours on an app hours tracker. Is it a PT thing? I’d be furious if my i was shorted.
It is. Biggest payroll issues I have dealt with involve helping part timers who are qualified to drive. They make a higher rate on days they drive vs just doing their normal PT job. UPS screws this up constantly. I can’t imagine the number of man hours our supes put in doing corrections an/or requesting payroll to do adjustments after the fact, which never get done right because payroll in Dallas is clue free.

Quad decade maybe your payroll clerks were great but we don’t even have them anymore.. nor anyone in HR except for one gal who’s only job is to process the steady stream of new PT employees.

rod

Retired 22 years
Basically nobody quit when I was working. In my small town UPS was considered the ultimate job to land. Anytime we had an opening we would have 5 or 6 hundred people show up to apply. More than once I heard the story of a guy calling in sick to his job just so he could apply at UPS - then he would run into his supervisor from his job doing the same thing. It’s all different now I’m told. Apparently the wait time from PT to FTPCD is about 2 months because the turnover is so high.