Paycheck is short again, im done

Nah
Basically nobody quit when I was working. In my small town UPS was considered the ultimate job to land. Anytime we had an opening we would have 5 or 6 hundred people show up to apply. More than once I heard the story of a guy calling in sick to his job just so he could apply at UPS - then he would run into his supervisor from his job doing the same thing. It’s all different now I’m told. Apparently the wait time from PT to FTPCD is about 2 months because the turnover is so high.
The company and union got what they wanted. A revolving door through which to get bodies to do the job just long enough to be useful, but not long enough to cost the company any real money. Likewise for the union, an endless stream of new members, initiation fees, and union dues but green enough to know nothing of the contract or their rights so they never suck up union resources.

This is how both sides want it. It will never change, and likely, it will only get worse.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The company and union got what they wanted. A revolving door through which to get bodies to do the job just long enough to be useful, but not long enough to cost the company any real money. Likewise for the union, an endless stream of new members, initiation fees, and union dues but green enough to know nothing of the contract or their rights so they never suck up union resources.

This is how both sides want it. It will never change, and likely, it will only get worse.
Don’t sugarcoat it, tell us what you really think.

rod

Retired 22 years

Eventually it will bite them in the ass. Nobody will even want to apply.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
41 years here.

Blah, blah.

I will say this: Was it worth it?

You bet.

BTW, never in 41 years.....calculated a paycheck.....I really don't known how much we make per hour. My paychecks always look about the same as I usually work the same amount of hours. When I start a new run, I'll see what it does for my take home pay..... I've had 2 "GREEN CHECKS"(payroll adjustments) in 41 years.

Our payroll clerks know their stuff. Here. Never worry about my paycheck. Never. Most of my pay stubs go un-opened.

The Wife pays the bills. I'll hear about anything unusual....my paycheck is steady and reliable. Always has been. This steadiness has allowed for our planned retirement on schedule. We've had decades of steady and reliable income that provides a comfortable lifestyle.

To the OP: Quit. You aren't strong enough to survive.
Never checked your paystub to see if it was correct. You just trust ups to do the right thing. just what I would have guessed

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
41 years here.

Blah, blah.

I will say this: Was it worth it?

You bet.

BTW, never in 41 years.....calculated a paycheck.....I really don't known how much we make per hour. My paychecks always look about the same as I usually work the same amount of hours. When I start a new run, I'll see what it does for my take home pay..... I've had 2 "GREEN CHECKS"(payroll adjustments) in 41 years.

Our payroll clerks know their stuff. Here. Never worry about my paycheck. Never. Most of my pay stubs go un-opened.

The Wife pays the bills. I'll hear about anything unusual....my paycheck is steady and reliable. Always has been. This steadiness has allowed for our planned retirement on schedule. We've had decades of steady and reliable income that provides a comfortable lifestyle.

To the OP: Quit. You aren't strong enough to survive.
Snicker

bumped

This is my second paycheck in a row that has been shorted several hours and couldnt get the first one fixed. I mention it to my pt sup to get this fixed and yet I'm pointed in every direction with no answer. Then somehow my paycheck is short a second time miraculously. Between working for free, a toxic work culture, the push for unattainable high expectations from human beings that are imperfect and yet expected to be perfect IM OUT. All I ever heard is that "we are short staffed" and it started making sense very quickly. if you have people who use sick days just to not deal with the drama and nonsense then you have a huge issue on your hands. Everyone that started working at the same time as me have all quit. I feel cheated for not quitting sooner.

All you guys who think this job is amazing you have been brainwashed!
You have the ability to check your hours on UPSers.com. First, keep a log of your hours everyday, and check them against the hours on UPSers. If it's wrong then tell them right away.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This is my second paycheck in a row that has been shorted several hours and couldnt get the first one fixed. I mention it to my pt sup to get this fixed and yet I'm pointed in every direction with no answer. Then somehow my paycheck is short a second time miraculously. Between working for free, a toxic work culture, the push for unattainable high expectations from human beings that are imperfect and yet expected to be perfect IM OUT. All I ever heard is that "we are short staffed" and it started making sense very quickly. if you have people who use sick days just to not deal with the drama and nonsense then you have a huge issue on your hands. Everyone that started working at the same time as me have all quit. I feel cheated for not quitting sooner.

All you guys who think this job is amazing you have been brainwashed!
If you are working for free then it's your own fault.
You pay union dues or are you a scab?

File grievances.

Just like others have said. This is probably one of the best jobs available for high school grads.

I retired with 7 figures and pretty good medical bennies.
It wasn't all a bed of roses. had to fight all along the way for my rights.

worth it.

Success comes from the proper attitude........not excuses and blaming everyone else for your problems.

Yolo

A lot of our shortage issues are resolved with the union steward and/or center manager explaining decimal points to the driver.

Are you punching in and out at the computer or is a supervisor entering your time for you?

AKCoverMan

You have the ability to check your hours on UPSers.com. First, keep a log of your hours everyday, and check them against the hours on UPSers. If it's wrong then tell them right away.
This! And let ‘em know about errors during same week before end of business on Saturday. Much easier to fix during same week before check is cut.

AKCoverMan

Every time I see one of these threads I Say the same thing. I’ve never been shorted a minute In my all my time at UPS. I keep track of my hours on an app hours tracker. Is it a PT thing? I’d be furious if my i was shorted.
Every shortage grievance I had to file is for PT member…except one FT who had final paycheck messed up beyond belief…

Nah
That's one way to do it. Personally I just kept track of my hours, calculated what the gross wages should be on my check, and told them to get me a green check within 2 days or I'd file a grievance if it was wrong.