Paycheck site on upsers.com unavailable

brownIEman

How about a PCM that would have given everyone a heads up?

How about paper checks for everyone this week?

So this was an IE decision? Now it makes sense.

There was a notice about it under headlines. I agree a PCM would have been a nice touch, but I could just as easily say how about actually reading a bit on the page that comes up when you log into upsers. Or, how about viewing your paycheck on Wednesday when it is first available?

Paper checks likely were not an option based on the time frames available. In any event, you still will have Sunday to check the check, and Monday morning to bring in any concerns.

As this is an HR system, I highly doubt it was an IE decision.

brownIEman

Not done to piss people off, just not thought through.

How do you know it was not thought through? Just because it inconveniences you? This is a large system that effects many, many groups, it could be that it was thought through and that this was the least disruptive of the options available.

I am not saying it was thought through, just that we do not have enough information to be as sure as you seem to be that it was not.

brownIEman

Maintenance that requires a projected four days off-line is ipso facto incompetent.

Not necessarily. It certainly smacks of at least failure to plan, but you never know. Even if it does automatically assume incompetence, how can you be sure who's incompetence it is? What if the system is based on a major Oracle engine, and Oracle says to its clients, hey, we just found a bug in that engine. You need to apply this update and shake out all you data before the end of February or you will have major vulnerabilities. Who would you blame for being incompetent then?

Anyway, historical paycheck data can be served from a fully locked database. There's no good reason for this function to ever go down.

Yes it can, but if there were originally safety concerns about the data duplication such a system would require (say, from the union) and the system was not set up that way, it would not be possible to turn it into such a system by just flipping a switch. Not safely anyway.

rod

Retired 22 years
That is so untrue. Somebody, somewhere is finding a way to blame this on a driver.

I stand corrected--- you are a wise person:peaceful:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ But won't the driver blame it on his pre-loader?

backinbrown

respect my authority
I know, it's a sin!

My short term dis ran out

My bills have not run out

long term is dragging their feet because i am do to come back in couple weeks, so no money from them or decision made if i will get any.

They asked me to go to social security first.

i am really looking forward to being paid again

i see next months groceries being hard to come by let alone my mortgage

I am in panic mode

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My short term dis ran out

My bills have not run out

long term is dragging their feet because i am do to come back in couple weeks, so no money from them or decision made if i will get any.

They asked me to go to social security first.

i am really looking forward to being paid again

i see next months groceries being hard to come by let alone my mortgage

I am in panic mode
How can we help?

backinbrown

respect my authority
How can we help?

i honestly beleive you are sincere and it is greatly appreciated but i couldn't ask for any more than the support i get here, thanks dill
just makes me want to go on the cruise even more i want to meet you people.

Mayby cruise 2

Again dilli

Thank you and i saw your name listed Happy b-day

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
i honestly beleive you are sincere and it is greatly appreciated but i couldn't ask for any more than the support i get here, thanks dill
just makes me want to go on the cruise even more i want to meet you people.

Mayby cruise 2

Again dilli

Thank you and i saw your name listed Happy b-day
Of course I was serious:happy2:. I will gladly accept your thank you/ happy BD and if you need anything I will help in anyway I can. :happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks guys and gals. I appreciate it. I even got to have today off! :surprised: And now I think I'll go for a ride and enjoy my day. Have a couple of errands to run.

brett636

My checks have never been available on Wednesday.
We are paid on Friday, we get our checks Thursday, D.Deposit info is out on Thursday....for me anyway.

This has been true for me as well. I've checked my paycheck as early as 1:00 a.m. Thursday morning and my check would not be available for viewing. I've never been able to see my paycheck on a Wednesday.