Paycheck site on upsers.com unavailable

I guess is for midnight workers since they get paid on Thursdays, and since we are twilight we can only view ours on thrusdays, I might be wrong but that's my only guess.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Damn this pisses me off. I just got done changing over to a no paper system and they pull this crap. Why couldn't they do this Sunday thru Wednesday instead Thursday thru Sunday. Someone needs to pull their head out of their colon.:angry:

Because if the check is wrong, we have to wait that much longer to have it corrected.
It's pretty stupid to mess with it when most people access it. Typical stupidity.

Totally agree, stupidity. I sit down Thursday morn with my bankbook, and do my reconciling and set up everything so I dont have to touch anything over the weekend, especially since my son is coming home for a visit.
Can It still be done without UPSERS, absolutely, and just to prove how useless UPSERS is I will go back to paper as I said I was going to. As this is the one and only thing I find it useful for.
Ya know you can't fix stupid!!:surprised:

evilleace

I think I will go back to paper and the only reason I go on is to see if my hours are right I do this on Thur. that way if they are wrong I can talk to my sup about it on Friday, I could check my bank website but my check is not deposited until Friday morning and the bank site doesn't show the hours I worked there should have been a heads up at PCM, a little but of courtesy but they can't even manage that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If it is any consolation it is any employee, hourly or mgt, who is paperless direct deposit that is most affected by this. I asked our HR person this morning is she had access to our online checks and she stopped me short and said she knew what my next question was going to be and, no, she nor anyone else in the bldg has access to our online checks.

While I do agree that this is an inconvenience, I would discourage anyone from going back to paper over this one incident. You can go to your bank website to see the dollar amount tomorrow and can check back Sunday to view your paystub.

CFLBrown

If it is any consolation it is any employee, hourly or mgt, who is paperless direct deposit that is most affected by this. I asked our HR person this morning is she had access to our online checks and she stopped me short and said she knew what my next question was going to be and, no, she nor anyone else in the bldg has access to our online checks.

While I do agree that this is an inconvenience, I would discourage anyone from going back to paper over this one incident. You can go to your bank website to see the dollar amount tomorrow and can check back Sunday to view your paystub.

Not the point. The notice was not up on the website last Thursday. It popped up on the 23rd which means there was ZERO notice of 'scheduled outage' for people the use this site to 'view their paystub' regularly.

Lets face it. That site is not geared towards the hourly employees. I'll check my paystub and sales leads. They've farmed out some of the discounts to some 3rd party site so it's even more pointless to login, except to check my pay.

We can PCM about injuries, district and regional accidents, attendence, service related issues, etc. It wouldn't have taken much time to toss that in.

I'm affected by it, but I'm still getting paid and I can settle any problems come Monday, if there are any, but lack of planning and notification is why people are mad.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
There was a notice about it under headlines. I agree a PCM would have been a nice touch, but I could just as easily say how about actually reading a bit on the page that comes up when you log into upsers. Or, how about viewing your paycheck on Wednesday when it is first available?

Paper checks likely were not an option based on the time frames available. In any event, you still will have Sunday to check the check, and Monday morning to bring in any concerns.

As this is an HR system, I highly doubt it was an IE decision.

How do you know it was not thought through? Just because it inconveniences you? This is a large system that effects many, many groups, it could be that it was thought through and that this was the least disruptive of the options available.

I am not saying it was thought through, just that we do not have enough information to be as sure as you seem to be that it was not.

Not necessarily. It certainly smacks of at least failure to plan, but you never know. Even if it does automatically assume incompetence, how can you be sure who's incompetence it is? What if the system is based on a major Oracle engine, and Oracle says to its clients, hey, we just found a bug in that engine. You need to apply this update and shake out all you data before the end of February or you will have major vulnerabilities. Who would you blame for being incompetent then?

Yes it can, but if there were originally safety concerns about the data duplication such a system would require (say, from the union) and the system was not set up that way, it would not be possible to turn it into such a system by just flipping a switch. Not safely anyway.

BrownIEman

In all your posts, you have truly shown why everyone hates IE. :whiteflag:

May God have mercy on your soul :devil3:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont know what world you all live in but my paycheck is not available to view until 12am, thursday, or after midnight on wednesday. I get up at 6a, so I basically dont wait up to see how much my check will be. Or if there are mistakes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do the same, toon. I went to my bank website and my deposit was there and it was about what it should have been. I will go to upsers on Sunday and check my paystub to make sure the hours are right. This is a minor inconvenience but I agree a heads-up at a PCM would have been the right thing to do. Issuing paper checks would have been a costly and unnecessary choice.

chev

Nightcrawler
Why do you have to wait that much longer? I get my check direct deposited, I get my pay stub today, if my pay is wrong I turn it in today.
I would normally do that as well, but now that I do not get a paper stub, I rely on the website to be able to check my stub. That way, if there are any discrepancies, I can take it to them on Thursday. :wink2:

Btw....happy belated dilli. :D

As always, my trusty bank had the amount posted at 6:30am but I will have to wait till Sunday like the rest of us forgotten, neglected souls.

Not sure if this has been said, but IE sucks.:raspberry:

brownIEman

I dont know what world you all live in but my paycheck is not available to view until 12am, thursday, or after midnight on wednesday. I get up at 6a, so I basically dont wait up to see how much my check will be. Or if there are mistakes.

based on results, it would seem I live on idiot world. I knew the paycheck was avail the day before payday, the 26th of the month was payday, and was thursday, so, paycheck was avail. to view on wednesday. For myself and other folks paid monthly. Not drivers and others paid weekly.

Still don't know if this maint. was well thought out or not, but clearly my post about checking on wednesday was not....:whiteflag: my bad.

But you can still check it on Sunday...

Unless the evil IE empire decides to make the outage even longer

[start deep bomming evil laugh]
Whaaahaaaahaaahaahaaahaa
[end deep booming evil laugh]
:devil3:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Unless the evil IE empire decides to make the outage even longer

[start deep bomming evil laugh]
Whaaahaaaahaaahaahaaahaa
[end deep booming evil laugh]
:devil3:

I still have a few IEman dolls available folks. Don't be the last employee in your center to own one. Order now, and as a bonus, recieve a ShamWow, free of charge. :happy-very:

brownIEman

Damn, gems is done, so I cannot update my primary care physician. I need to go see him today too, I suddenly have a bad cramp in my right leg, a stabbing pain in my right eye.

I also have a strange sensation that I should be feeling intense heart burn as well... Good thing my heart was removed as part of my initiation into IE management...:peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would normally do that as well, but now that I do not get a paper stub, I rely on the website to be able to check my stub. That way, if there are any discrepancies, I can take it to them on Thursday. :wink2:

Btw....happy belated dilli. :D

As always, my trusty bank had the amount posted at 6:30am but I will have to wait till Sunday like the rest of us forgotten, neglected souls.

Not sure if this has been said, but IE sucks.:raspberry:
Thanks Chev.

I rarely ever get on UPSERS. Until yesterday:dissapointed: Hey did ya know GEMS is down:biting: LMAO