Paying 95 grievance

O

OLDMAN3

Cash.. Check.. or Charge ?

-Bug-
You see that is the whole problem. Why wouldn't you just answer how he can avoid his grievances being settled without his consent? It just seems as if the Union wants to keep it's members in the dark about the whole grievance process, the options available, and the panel decisions that affect ordinary members. My BA would not even have the driver present at any level (local on up), and no one would hear the result of their grievances. This went on for decades. I found out I won a grievance at panel after the fact. I had not heard a single thing about my grievance between handing it to my steward and the win at panel. Years and years of other grievances were never even heard, as far as I know. We as ordinary brother teamsters should not have to be experts about the process, and should be informed and lead by the BA once we file.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have a returnable soda bottle you can sit on.;)

Let me ask you this;

Since you aspire to be an elected Official of your Local....

If you can't make things "happen" as a hourly,

How would things be different, if you were elected to represent your fellow Teamsters ?

Just wondering. ;)

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Let me ask you this;

Since you aspire to be an elected Official of your Local....

If you can't make things "happen" as a hourly,

How would things be different, if you were elected to represent your fellow Teamsters ?

Just wondering. ;)

-Bug-

Cash.. Check.. or Charge ?

box_beeyotch

They failed to call us off before we arrived for work when they knew they were not going to run routes due to snow.

I see. I didn't know about that language but that's very handy to know. Thank you. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened with our drivers a few years back during hurricane sandy.

AKCoverMan

Have yet to see a no-go day here for snow. However we had a volcano shut us down one day...planes could not get here so we had no volume.

They called us off in time. Three day weekend.

Future

Victory Ride
lmad-curtain.gif
They drag their feet hoping to Issue you a warning letter. They way they can try to play " Lets make a deal".

Indecisi0n

You see that is the whole problem. Why wouldn't you just answer how he can avoid his grievances being settled without his consent? It just seems as if the Union wants to keep it's members in the dark about the whole grievance process, the options available, and the panel decisions that affect ordinary members. My BA would not even have the driver present at any level (local on up), and no one would hear the result of their grievances. This went on for decades. I found out I won a grievance at panel after the fact. I had not heard a single thing about my grievance between handing it to my steward and the win at panel. Years and years of other grievances were never even heard, as far as I know. We as ordinary brother teamsters should not have to be experts about the process, and should be informed and lead by the BA once we file.
Well maybe if people got involved anf asked questions this wouldn't happen. A shop steward has more important things to do than give a play by play to everyone who has filed. Most drivers don't care what happens after they sign a grievance. All they are concerned about is when they are going to see the check.

O

OLDMAN3

Well maybe if people got involved anf asked questions this wouldn't happen. A shop steward has more important things to do than give a play by play to everyone who has filed. Most drivers don't care what happens after they sign a grievance. All they are concerned about is when they are going to see the check.
Exactly... But we never saw checks for years, our grievances I assume were used for bargaining chips, the BA's benefit, or just laziness on the BA's part. There was really no point to filling except to voice our displeasure over the excessive hours. I assume others had the same experience as our bldg. We do get paid now, settled at the local level, paid within a couple weeks.