Payroll Department

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Niceride, May 11, 2010.

  1. Niceride

    Niceride New Member

    Hello everyone, I am looking for the phone number for the payroll department. I need to stop the deductions on my check. Can someone post it for me.

  2. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    You cannot call them directly. What deductions are you talking about? You can change your withholding on You can stop your United Way through your supervisor.

    I would suggest you sit down with your HR rep and discuss this as that person would be better suited to answer your question.
  3. Niceride

    Niceride New Member

    Supervisor says I can not stop my United way deduction, but I know better......
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    ...I never said that they would be happy about it but it can be done. However, IMO, I think you should honor your United Way commitment, as long as you did not feel forced to donate.
  5. UPSGUY72

    UPSGUY72 Well-Known Member

    Call you HR person and tell them what you want to have done. Don't talk to your sup just call your HR person.
  6. brownmonster

    brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

    UPS screwed up my W-2 one year so my center manager gave me a phone number down at payroll to check it out. When I called the guy was all shook up. How did you get this number, you can't call here. We all work for the same company don't we?
  7. Red Rose Tea

    Red Rose Tea Chihuahuas Rule!

    The person in charge of Time and labor adjustments/inquiries simply sends inquiry to payroll requesting to stop your deductions. Speak to center manager and find out who can do time and labor inquiry....
  8. Anonymous 10

    Anonymous 10 Guest

  9. Kae3106

    Kae3106 Active Member

    The tax department will talk directly to employees about W2 concerns and the garnishment department will talk directly to employees about wage attachments due to the sensitive nature of garnishments. Personally, I liked talking to employees on the phone. It usually is the fastest and most direct way to solve problems and fewer things get "lost in translation" when you are talking to the person involved rather than having someone else try to explain in a T&L inquiry. (The main phone number for Dallas payroll/garnishments/tax dept building was posted on in a posting about W2s. It's probably still out there.......)

    To the OP: if you are trying to stop your United Way contribution, you need to have someone put in a Time and Labor inquiry asking for it to be stopped. We do it all the time for employees and there is even a category selection for it. This type of request could not be handled on the phone and must be in writing or in Time and Labor. If you can't get someone to put in the T&L request, you can send a letter to payroll asking for the deduction to be stopped. Let me know if you need the correct address.
  10. unclechad

    unclechad New Member

    Where in UPSERS.COM do I change my deductions?
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    On the same page you go to view your paychecks. You can only change your Federal withholding online. You must go to your HR person if you also want to change your state withholding.
  12. Red Rose Tea

    Red Rose Tea Chihuahuas Rule!

    You change your federal on-line. Ask OMS in the center to print you a state form - or you can go on your state's dept of tax web site and print the form, fill it out and give to center OMS - OMS will mail to payroll in Ohio.
  13. tieguy

    tieguy Banned

    not them.
  14. Lovez My Kiddos

    Lovez My Kiddos New Member

    There are many variables to "Payroll Deductions". The BEST Thing to do would be to have your Supvr enter a message in the Time & Labor System, this will allow your requests to reach the correct section of payroll. This will ease frustration and create record of your request.
  15. damian hall

    damian hall New Member

    hi my name is damian hall and iam trying to know y i dont c my paycheck on my tranaction.
  16. UPSGUY72

    UPSGUY72 Well-Known Member

    WHAT ???
  17. over9five

    over9five Moderator Staff Member


    My name is Damian hall. I am trying to find out why I don't see my paycheck on my transaction.
    Feel free to PM me.

    Thank you
  18. murphyr11

    murphyr11 New Member

    Call 1-855-UPS-HRSC (1-855-877-4772) Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time. for futrue reference of anyone looking for this number.
  19. jstout

    jstout New Member

    can anyone tell me what af tax and bf tax that is what i saw on my paycheck this is the first time ever
  20. UPSGUY72

    UPSGUY72 Well-Known Member

    af = after
    bf = before