Payroll Discrepancies

H

harley vulkrie

Hello fellow UPSers, Newbie here, but not an idiot. I figured out this company by my 2 or 3rd day. Anyways, was warned about keeping track of my hours. So here's what's going down. I have accumulated a small amount of overtime (1.25 hours) since I have stayed a tad after 9am some weekday mornings. What I have noticed is that my regular hours have been shorted by 30 minutes. It's to the tune of about $4.00. No biggie right? Well, it just seems curious that that's about the same amount that I have made in extra overtime. Do I make a big deal out of $4.00 to my head supervisor, or just suck it up as UPS culture? My morals say make a big deal about it since I bust my ass at this job. On the other hand, I have better things to do than worry about $4.00.

Just kinda sad and lame that a company like this pulls these shenanigans. It's pathetic actually. Oh well, probably be let go after peak anyways. Since HR lied to me about being a Permanent PT hire. Seems the norm. Lies, Lies and more Lies. LOL. Have a great Day in UPS land!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hello fellow UPSers, Newbie here, but not an idiot. I figured out this company by my 2 or 3rd day. Anyways, was warned about keeping track of my hours. So here's what's going down. I have accumulated a small amount of overtime (1.25 hours) since I have stayed a tad after 9am some weekday mornings. What I have noticed is that my regular hours have been shorted by 30 minutes. It's to the tune of about $4.00. No biggie right? Well, it just seems curious that that's about the same amount that I have made in extra overtime. Do I make a big deal out of $4.00 to my head supervisor, or just suck it up as UPS culture? My morals say make a big deal about it since I bust my ass at this job. On the other hand, I have better things to do than worry about $4.00.

Just kinda sad and lame that a company like this pulls these shenanigans. It's pathetic actually. Oh well, probably be let go after peak anyways. Since HR lied to me about being a Permanent PT hire. Seems the norm. Lies, Lies and more Lies. LOL. Have a great Day in UPS land!

PM me your address, I'll send you $5.00, and you can stay home tomorrow and every day from here on.

You're welcome.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Really though why do people think ups is rocket science. It doesn't take that long to figure out how this company works. 2 days might be a push, but you know what I mean
I thought I knew everything about the company until I went into management. You quickly learn how complex things are that you will never see. If you think you've learned it all in your short time here you're either arrogant or just plain dumb.

DOK

I thought I knew everything about the company until I went into management. You quickly learn how complex things are that you will never see. If you think you've learned it all in your short time here you're either arrogant or just plain dumb.

Ups makes everything harder than it needs to be. We deliver boxes, have for over 100 years, yet we keep trying to find a way to reinvent it.