150 pounds weight limit
Diad (paper if diad crashes)
Mostly manual transmission cars
Few had power steering
The gateway computers were huge
Dell servers came on pallets
No PAS/EDD
No MAP NAV

how often does your board crash and you sheet on paper? Have you ever driven a manual? Did you even know cars came without power steering?
Plus zero Amazon envelopes in ‘96.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
And yet they all get way more stops done, with heavier packages, than you did.

Who had it easy?

Hmmm, let me take a nice long rest break between stops to use this pencil and paper....
No DR, plenty of COD's, add up cash, had to know area's, no edd, hit or miss stop count, indirect everything, fur calls, one shots, no power steering, clutch, no shorts, area codes, paper time cards...

Today's driver has it so much easier, it ain't even close!

Wally

Wrong….back in 1996

150 pounds weight limit
Diad (paper if diad crashes)
Mostly manual transmission cars
Few had power steering
The gateway computers were huge
Dell servers came on pallets
No PAS/EDD
No MAP NAV

how often does your board crash and you sheet on paper? Have you ever driven a manual? Did you even know cars came without power steering?
Dell frikin' computer's took up half a shelf!

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Back in my day, we had to use our smart phones as gps navigators and if our battery went out, that was it. Now you got beardos looking at a cradle screen still nervous about going out blind…

Wally

Back in my day, we had to use our smart phones as gps navigators and if our battery went out, that was it. Now you got beardos looking at a cradle screen still nervous about going out blind…
They should try this:

Sup: "Grab Munson's pick up log and a map, you are doing his route today".

Me: Never did it, where do I start"?

Sup: "Don't know, but call us later and let us know how you are doing". "Oh yea, some stops need a copy of the sheet so watch out".

Wally

to be clear...the parcels were in fact lighter back then to to tune of maximum weight of 50 pounds...also hardly any bulk ( irregulars ).......its a tougher job now than when I started......its also more money and better benefits thanks to the union....no doubt about that.....
No way, you can sleep throughout the day now.