PCM the new UPS millennials

Brownsocks

Just a dog
And yet they all get way more stops done, with heavier packages, than you did.

Who had it easy?

Hmmm, let me take a nice long rest break between stops to use this pencil and paper....
Let their cradle not work and they are useless.
I never thought I would see the day we run package cars with working cradles out to drivers because their cradle fails and they don't know how to navigate themselves.
We have people that will blindly follow this manifest update crap to the point I have to go help them after my route is finished. They suck at formulating and executing a plan by themselves.

Karma...

to be clear...the parcels were in fact lighter back then to to tune of maximum weight of 50 pounds...also hardly any bulk ( irregulars ).......its a tougher job now than when I started......its also more money and better benefits thanks to the union....no doubt about that.....

wilberforce15

to be clear...the parcels were in fact lighter back then to to tune of maximum weight of 50 pounds...also hardly any bulk ( irregulars ).......its a tougher job now than when I started......its also more money and better benefits thanks to the union....no doubt about that.....
Old guys know that.

They just still want to feel special.

Pretty much the same job the last 25 years.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You know it's not true. Stop count, number, and weight are all way up.

Fewer breaks to use paper and pencil.
Disagree. The route I do now goes out with 200 for about 300 pcs today. 16 years ago it was 135 stops for 300 pcs. Package cars were a workout just to drive them down the road and the side doors were way more narrow. Plus the step was way higher, might not seem like a big deal but that 135 kicked the crap out of you and felt more like 260 stops.

You know it's not true. Stop count, number, and weight are all way up.

Fewer breaks to use paper and pencil.
Wrong….back in 1996

150 pounds weight limit
Diad (paper if diad crashes)
Mostly manual transmission cars
Few had power steering
The gateway computers were huge
Dell servers came on pallets
No PAS/EDD
No MAP NAV

how often does your board crash and you sheet on paper? Have you ever driven a manual? Did you even know cars came without power steering?