Peak begins

Box Ox

Kind of early for all these "peak and Thanksgiving" posts to be starting isn't it? I'm sure UPS will have it all covered this year.

In doo doo. From what I've seen, it looks like UPS is going to cut deep over last year and hopes it's communication efforts (eg: mid-August "Be Ready For The Holiday Season" emails to those like myself with shipper accounts) will persuade customers not to put a lot of volume into the system last minute. Yeah,right.

Christmas is on a Friday this year and I've seen bid sheets for Saturday air exception driver slots going up all over. Coincidence? Maybe not. Seems like a hedge against what'll happen when drivers run out of hours on Thursday, December 24.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Apparently according to our manager we have entered peak season in August lol, I haven't been with the company a long time but even I know this is bs. In Automotive they are already pushing for "no brown down" which means no red tags allowed while at the same time they are saying overtime isn't allowed. Is anybody else getting word of this through management already? Before you know it peak will be all year long.
Be sure to keep that red tag return to service log in ecars up to date.

oldngray

nowhere special
...which is on full blast pop radio every time I get in to diagnose yet another bad battery and orchestrate replacement.

Back when got stuck in rentals UPS always removed the fuses so you couldn't play the radio. Oddly enough, some of the other fuses were the same size. Not that I would know anything more about that of course.