Peak has now become the easiest time of year.

Michael Scott

Agreed. Same out here in NJ. Our center doesn’t reward hard work and the guys that grasp that early in have the best careers. Doesn’t say we can’t try to deliver a good service though but the PVDs and casuals are doing the damage trying to impress this year like no other.

This peak it’s a case of helping the Saturday guys out but the scabs send the seasonals and PVDs to take everything off them. A few of us are no longer coming in so that some of the work stays on their trucks for some OT…and then it will be the SUP that wants to be home for dinner with the wife by 8pm BEGGING at PCM and DIAD for help.

The infamous “No driveways. We’ll deal with mailbox concerns, just get it off your truck” every day or so during peak makes me sick. Service..ha!
We would likely get a warning letter for leaving a package at a mailbox one time. Unless it was a crazy snow storm and the driveway was very long and not plowed.

Blazian81

Not everywhere no doubt, but it seems in most areas, we are oversaturated with resources that makes November and December the lightest paid days of the year. Tons of drivers not even seeing 8 hours. In the time since Black Friday and Cyber Monday, half the drivers in my center are barely getting 8, the other half 9-9.5 tops.
4 years ago and prior, it was 11-12 hour days.

We're also actually wrapping around start time right now which we don't do all year because of all the temporary preloaders.

PVDs are obviously the most dramatic change. UPS has taken this to the extreme leaving little available OT.

On top of that, with peak comes splitting your usual area in half simplifying your route vs the rest of the year. Plus, most large bulk stops going to rental truck routes.

And the other major change? Relaxed commits to the extreme. End of day for resi, and 3pm for business air. Just a few years ago, relaxed meant 12:00 commits which didn't help all that much.

So I guess it's time to start looking forward to peak every year now, instead of dreading the thought of it. It's a breeze now.
it not really a breeze when your hub hires a whole bunch of newbies to preload and your have aleast 300 misload a day in your hub, what a waste of money and time , just like the meme say hello Mr George, how much you pay for the new guy, 20 dollar thats too much, that what ups motto is and it not paying off with with all this miss services over here smdh

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
We would likely get a warning letter for leaving a package at a mailbox one time. Unless it was a crazy snow storm and the driveway was very long and not plowed.
B577BB6A-3C46-4E0E-917D-929024921DCD.jpeg

NO CHANCES MEANS NO CHANCES 😂
@MECH-lift STYLE BABY
😎✊

Mr. Marshall

I get it, BUT, the answer is more year round full time drivers. Not part time off the street yahoos.
Wait until one of these PVD's does something to hurt someone like the FedEx guy.
It's not like our drivers are going through some vetting process. That one thing the long wait to drive used to accomplish was to weed out most of the weirdos.

Brownwind

Lol, 11 whole months
Go gettum cowboy
Hee haw. Cowboy up..

I have over thirty four years in and have never seen anything like this. No pride in the way they do the job and no concern about the future. That’s all I was trying to convey. Appreciate your response

AKCoverMan

Not everywhere no doubt, but it seems in most areas, we are oversaturated with resources that makes November and December the lightest paid days of the year. Tons of drivers not even seeing 8 hours. In the time since Black Friday and Cyber Monday, half the drivers in my center are barely getting 8, the other half 9-9.5 tops.

We're also actually wrapping around start time right now which we don't do all year because of all the temporary preloaders.

PVDs are obviously the most dramatic change. UPS has taken this to the extreme leaving little available OT.

On top of that, with peak comes splitting your usual area in half simplifying your route vs the rest of the year. Plus, most large bulk stops going to rental truck routes.

And the other major change? Relaxed commits to the extreme. End of day for resi, and 3pm for business air. Just a few years ago, relaxed meant 12:00 commits which didn't help all that much.

So I guess it's time to start looking forward to peak every year now, instead of dreading the thought of it. It's a breeze now.
your management over planned and will be badly penalized by Their masters….next year you’ll be running out of hours by Thursday 🤣🤣🤣

JL 0513

your management over planned and will be badly penalized by Their masters….next year you’ll be running out of hours by Thursday 🤣🤣🤣
Definitely over planned but I think that's how corporate wants it at peak now. It seems the majority of the country is running low (for peak) paid days, with pockets of trouble areas due to quiting PVDs and such.

Two weeks out from Christmas and I had 44 hours this week. Thing is, that is from 6 "full" working days.

DOK

Definitely a lot easier less stressful than the rest of the year.