Peak has now become the easiest time of year.

PPH_over_9000

I don’t even know if telematics work there.

So this just reminded me of something I noticed about my favorite route to cover.

There are some routes in my center where the system (ORION or something similiar, idk) has the wrong speed limits inputted for the roads in the area. So the system thinks it'll take you 12min going 25mph, but the speed limits actually 40mph and you get there in nearly half the estimated time.

That might not make much sense, but the way it works out is that you go the speed limit and steadily watch your estimated arrival time go down, down, down. Makes me feel like I'm haulin' ass and the volume just melts away off of the truck.

Brownwind

So this just reminded me of something I noticed about my favorite route to cover.

There are some routes in my center where the system (ORION or something similiar, idk) has the wrong speed limits inputted for the roads in the area. So the system thinks it'll take you 12min going 25mph, but the speed limits actually 40mph and you get there in nearly half the estimated time.

That might not make much sense, but the way it works out is that you go the speed limit and steadily watch your estimated arrival time go down, down, down. Makes me feel like I'm haulin' ass and the volume just melts away off of the truck.
NEVER share this with your management team. Yes 25 seems to be the default number.
They’re happy because you make your numbers and you get the benefit of being scratch with out the hassle.

PPH_over_9000

NEVER share this with your management team. Yes 25 seems to be the default number.
They’re happy because you make your numbers and you get the benefit of being scratch with out the hassle.

The only way they'll find out is if they deduce who I am from my postings here, and even then-- nobody knows my favorite routes because I act like I hate them all, lol. It sounds petty but trust, it was absolutely a method of self-preservation as a 22.4.

I don't even tell other drivers in my center. They'll figure it out if they pay attention.

Brownwind

The only way they'll find out is if they deduce who I am from my postings here, and even then-- nobody knows my favorite routes because I act like I hate them all, lol. It sounds petty but trust, it was absolutely a method of self-preservation as a 22.4.

I don't even tell other drivers in my center. They'll figure it out if they pay attention.
Yep. My management team trolls this forum. Keep your identity a secret.

If you actually like something they’ll try to ruin it. Stupid mind games they try to play

pkgdriver

Rumor has it an ORS in my center was reassigned then terminated for fudging the speed limits on his driver group/routes. From what little I saw when my ORS made changes this can be done. Maybe @TearsInRain or someone else can verify.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Rumor has it an ORS in my center was reassigned then terminated for fudging the speed limits on his driver group/routes. From what little I saw when my ORS made changes this can be done. Maybe @TearsInRain or someone else can verify.
IE erased and reset 3 months worth of my dialing in of orion looping for efficacy and mile cutting. ... Apparently, they prefer excessive miles and extra ot pay for ft drivers
🤪

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
yeah that can be done, it's easy to catch and there is no real incentive to do it unless you're a born-yesterday idiot and ACTUALLY THINK your groups performance matters for your bonus (hint: it doesn't)

Doing time

Another factor that makes peak easier now is that we have six days a week to deliver the volume instead of five. I’ve been in 27 years and my first 20+ years we never moved a ground package on Saturday. Pvds are probably the biggest factor in peak being easier but having an extra day is not insignificant. Take the volume delivered on Saturday and divide it by five. See how many routes would have to be put in to cover the volume during a five day week.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Another factor that makes peak easier now is that we have six days a week to deliver the volume instead of five. I’ve been in 27 years and my first 20+ years we never moved a ground package on Saturday. Pvds are probably the biggest factor in peak being easier but having an extra day is not insignificant. Take the volume delivered on Saturday and divide it by five. See how many routes would have to be put in to cover the volume during a five day week.

Tbf we're also missing many accounts from before like Omaha Steaks, Petco etc. Barely any hams this year let alone gifts in general. It just seemed like normal volume to me.