Peak is Ovah...

Control_90

Drivers still out delivering tonight in Roswell Center. They promised drivers that came in it would be 4 hours max for everyone. When they arrived this morning, they were met with 150+ stop routes and late air. Forest Park is so bad, they pulled sups from Roswell to work down there, along with others flown from all over the country as @scratch described.

Corporate employees will be working tomorrow to deliver packages.

Be safe out there guys, remember the last stop is the most important.

Yeah - We were forced to help Forest Park out. What a :censored2: hole that center is...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It’s not over yet. January is going suck. Where still on the 70 hr rule to January 14th. The company has ask the union for the right to use helpers to January 14th and was denied. Many more hours to be worked. Guaranteed people will be on here crying about the second peak.

Last peak on the eggplant side lasted close to Valentine's day!... I expect the same this year.

But now, instead of having a tight 80 mile route, I may have to be back to 170+ miles if they let go of the seasonal/supplemental drivers & be out thurr till midnight yet again.

Be glad you're hourly+ OT... try doing up to 70 hour workweek for the rest of the year with 1/3 to 1/2 the pay with NO or little bennies, then you can

giphy.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Last peak on the eggplant side lasted close to Valentine's day!... I expect the same this year.

But now, instead of having a tight 80 mile route, I may have to be back to 170+ miles if they let go of the seasonal/supplemental drivers & be out thurr till midnight yet again.

Be glad you're hourly+ OT... try doing up to 70 hour workweek for the rest of the year with 1/3 to 1/2 the pay with NO or little bennies, then you can

giphy.gif
I really have a hard time feeling sorry for you. You work those hours because you choose to. I think you like it. You could always get a job at Express and work normal hours and at least have SOME benefits.

OrioN

Op needs, no worries! I work those hours because the investors think having one driver is cheaper than having 2... if peak density is similar ALL year long, then 3 routes would be feasible.

Yeah, I've become complacent with my current route because my customers know how I run it now after almost 2 years on it.

Some focus customers have my prepaid cellphone# for Sig required boxes and we work it out on the first attempt (I clean plate since I loathe send agains)

I have side hustle gigs to make up for it. Being a landlord is one- passive income is key here while establishing equity to use as leverage to attain more rental properties. If I'm staying in the same state by social security age, I will need about 5 properties to enjoy retirement

Star B

White Lightening
I have side hustle gigs to make up for it. Being a landlord is one- passive income is key here while establishing equity to use as leverage to attain more rental properties.

You really should try to get into an Express station, that way you can get paid better and not have to deal with as much crap.

OrioN

You really should try to get into an Express station, that way you can get paid better and not have to deal with as much crap.

I'm not dealing with micro management & time commits, just my B2B & focus customers, then straight line towards my home for the rest of the day

Was it @UpstateNYUPSer who said
There's more to life than money?

yeah, I knows we HD drivers are taken advantage of but OrioN knows how to make lemonade from acorns

Just giving a view of the eggplant side to give these snowflake brownies a bigger picture

Happy Festivus!

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I got back to the building at 9pm Saturday and was sent back out. Apparently they missed an entire route and was sending everyone out with stops from it. Delivered my last stop at 11:30. Fun times. And I know we still missed hella stuff. Because I was walking out with rookies who were saying that their phone batteries died and they couldn't find any addresses. So they completed like 6 stops in an hour. When they finally sent the message for every driver to return they still had over 30 stops each.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I got back to the building at 9pm Saturday and was sent back out. Apparently they missed an entire route and was sending everyone out with stops from it. Delivered my last stop at 11:30. Fun times. And I know we still missed hella stuff. Because I was walking out with rookies who were saying that their phone batteries died and they couldn't find any addresses. So they completed like 6 stops in an hour. When they finally sent the message for every driver to return they still had over 30 stops each.
What time did you start?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
What time did you start?

Start time was 10am, left the building at 11am waiting for the last air packages to be sorted.

We wasted HELLA time with business stops that we knew were closed. Management said they HAD to be serviced, so go by. Then on top of that, the :censored2:ty no closed between 12-1 rule was still in effect so it made no sense to do any business between 12-1 because 95% of them were closed.

A waste of about an hour with business. Probably the worst day all year for me.