Peak Meltdown at Express

TUT

Might have something to do with keeping the opco's completely separate to comply with the RLA but who knows?

Your .com app actually does do it, so it doesn't seem to be a RLA thing. .com will show all services/cost and transit days. When you get into your larger customer software Fedex does not have their core systems doing such a thing, now you can get Fedex to custom program that in if it's a deal breaker for you. But if the goal was to get Ground in over Express, why wouldn't their higher volume software just assist customers, hold their hand to save them money and make Fedex more?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What I am hearing at Ground is that we have a substantial list of very, very large shippers coming on board right after Christmas. They were to come on just before peak, but were put on hold due to servicing concerns. Subsequently,we are not expecting a large drop off come January.

Nothing to see here. Move along, and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. What you just said speaks volumes about what is happening. The October Surprise has now become the January Surprise.

vantexan

Nothing to see here. Move along, and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. What you just said speaks volumes about what is happening. The October Surprise has now become the January Surprise.

And then the April Surprise, then the August Surprise, then the November Surprise, then the............

Goldilocks

What I am hearing at Ground is that we have a substantial list of very, very large shippers coming on board right after Christmas. They were to come on just before peak, but were put on hold due to servicing concerns. Subsequently,we are not expecting a large drop off come January.

BB, do you have any idea of which accounts will be going to ground? I've heard Walmart. What about Amazon?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Let me just state, today, that I bet this is just another un-founded rumor.
Like I've said before, I stopped repeating to my co-workers what I read on here b'c most of it doesn't fruition.

STFXG

Kohls is a big one I've been seeing lately that's new... Also just got shutterfly. Walmart is insane.

I've been told by my SM that big ones are coming at the first of the year

bbsam

Staff member
We have seen an increase in Amazon shipments but for peak management is focussed on pleasing Walmarrt first and foremost.