peak .. night delivery

10 point

These kind of friend*ers would get every single thing RTS'ed. Merry Christmas, assh*.
He was as surprised that it was an actual delivery person as I was to observe his large knife up close and personal.

People are scared to answer the door after dark now days.

That's why I leave my cab light on when I'm out of the truck delivering after dark. It keeps my walk path lit up getting out of the truck and thwarts people from sneaking into my cab in the dark while I'm away from the truck.

Last edited:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
the thing i hate the most about night delivery is my vision goes to hell, i cant see a thing between the filthy windows reflecting light and the weak headlights im lost on a area that i know like the back of my hand

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I quit knocking after about 6, especially at peoples houses who I know are scared in their own homes. If its not safe to leave it, people milling around I just ni1.

jaker

trolling
Me too.

I go through the lookups every morning. There was one in there for a ski shop in Lake Placid. The shipper had used their old street number so our driver (cover) brought it back as NSN even though he drove right by the stop. I gave it to our PDS who directed the driver to deliver it.
I don't get what the problem is here , the shipper used the wrong address and you blame the cover driver for not delivering it. Do you even know if the cover knew the new address

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
the thing i hate the most about night delivery is my vision goes to hell, i cant see a thing between the filthy windows reflecting light and the weak headlights im lost on a area that i know like the back of my hand
Not to mention you can't see anything when you look right with the monitor glaring back at you like a spotlight. Plus the instruments are so bright I usually just shut them off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't get what the problem is here , the shipper used the wrong address and you blame the cover driver for not delivering it. Do you even know if the cover knew the new address

It is a well known ski shop on the busiest street in town. There was a 911 upgrade several years and the shipper used their old number by mistake.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
dont think its about being scared of management as much as not caring about the company in general
Well, management doesn't seem to give a crap as long as the numbers are good. All the older drivers are tired of re-training the young guys after getting qualified as to how to do the job right. If UPS had just started up last year, we would be out of business now. It's sad what this company has become.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Its embarrassing being out that late. Normal people can't grasp the genious in a net 5 + billion $ company that can't afford more workers.

I had one consignee yell "I'm going to call the cops!" thru the door when I explained that I was ups when he asked who was knocking. Evidently, he didn't hear my verbal announcement and one guy stuck a big knife in my face when he opened the door. He couldn't believe we'd be out that late.

Just downright embarrassing.
I totally agree... I think ups should be held totally liable if there was an accident or God forbid a death while one of our drivers were out after 900 delivering and something happen...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
dont think its about being scared of management as much as not caring about the company in general
Why... The company couldn't give 2 cents if you were out til 10 pm trying to deliver the gifts that ups promised would be there...they wouldn't blink an eye if you got run over out there, he'll they would probably tell your widow that it was your fault and hand them a warning letter...and I don't say that lightly I totally believe that. If the union wanted to stop some if these abuses... Because that is exactly what they are.... They could but they don't give a :censored2: either....the only ones that should be out driving around after 9 pm are the feeder drivers!!!