Peak season 2021 a dud?

boxerdan

Inside part-timer here, put in more hours last week than at any point in the last two years. Hit nearly 55 hours without any extra work (doubles or saturday).

No clue how the volume compares to last year, but we definitely seem understaffed inside which might contribute to it feeling like "a dud" out on the road.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
FedEx is an absolute joke right now… they have things that are being held up for a week coming out to the west coast. I have 2 pkgs that shippers sent by them and they were supposed to be here by now but I don’t expect anything for a week at least. Whatever
They are playing the game that biden told them to play, so is the UPS. Trying to make it hard on people.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Heading to Breckenridge Saturday after peak. What are the odds all the runs will be open? Seems unseasonably warm right now.
Better hope for snow and lots of it. The only runs open now are because of the man-made stuff. Only skied about 3 hours as the snow really deteriorated as the day warmed up.
Have reservations to ski Crested Butte for New Years. Doesn't look much better there right now.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Did you just reply to yourself? Either way no one cares.
41CA0B6A-49A2-4617-B33D-639FACF3887C.gif

Last One In

Had 104 stops yesterday. I can't get them to give me 104 stops on an 8 hour request. Piece of cake day. Hope every day is like this since it is my last peak. Will have 27 years full-time in May. I am out. I can't see any benefit to doing 30. Life is too short to deal with management any more.

PT Car Washer

Had 104 stops yesterday. I can't get them to give me 104 stops on an 8 hour request. Piece of cake day. Hope every day is like this since it is my last peak. Will have 27 years full-time in May. I am out. I can't see any benefit to doing 30. Life is too short to deal with management any more.
Top rate drivers had a pay actual yesterday if they wanted it. Drivers still in progression are being hammered. Management is not stupid.

UPSER1987

Good for you and congratulations! I’m sure it is well deserved. As I stated previously, enjoy those easy days!