Peak season 2021 a dud?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I would imagine rural like us. still overwhelmed with amazon. But even here seeing 1-800 signs with PACKAGE DELIVERY starting to pop up in the last month. Have not seen any Prime delivery so far, but it's getting closer.
I'm metro and Amazon is delivering almost all their stuff here. They have box vans, package cars, bulk vans and transits.

Est.1998

I'm metro and Amazon is delivering almost all their stuff here. They have box vans, package cars, bulk vans and transits.
At one point all i was seeing was blue Amazon vans but now it seems they've all disappeared and have been replaced by white sprinters, and you see more of them than taxi cabs!

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I would imagine rural like us. still overwhelmed with amazon. But even here seeing 1-800 signs with PACKAGE DELIVERY starting to pop up in the last month. Have not seen any Prime delivery so far, but it's getting closer.
Our center is very rural, about 200 miles from a metro over 100k. I just don't see them coming into our area.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
At one point all i was seeing was blue Amazon vans but now it seems they've all disappeared and have been replaced by white sprinters, and you see more of them than taxi cabs!
They're running lots of sprinters here and a lot are rentals, but I am seeing more and more package cars. I have also noticed that a lot of my rs1 ireg Amazon returns were originally delivered by Amazon.

Dr.Brownz

We are low volume here too and way over-hired. Amazon doesn't have anything around here either. Easiest peak I've ever worked so far.

Rpcd?

Saturday at my center during peak is the easiest day of the week.
I worked yesterday from 9:15am to 3pm.
Same yesterday was 930-1530,got my guaranteed 8hrs,left with 100 less stops than every day this week,if a package couldn’t be delivere(closed,NI1,et) don’t scan it and just move on

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We have so many PVDs that the bottom seniority RPCDs are route-less and instead being given rentals to run around and take stops and pickups off of bid routes. This past week was heavier with cyber Monday volume but I still never punched out after 6:45pm.

Older guys can't believe it. Say that 10-15 years ago, the company didn't give a :censored2: if you were out until 10pm every night until New Years.

AKCoverMan

We have so many PVDs that the bottom seniority RPCDs are route-less and instead being given rentals to run around and take stops and pickups off of bid routes. This past week was heavier with cyber Monday volume but I still never punched out after 6:45pm.

Older guys can't believe it. Say that 10-15 years ago, the company didn't give a :censored2: if you were out until 10pm every night until New Years.
Exact opposite here. Any FT finishing route before 2130 is generally coming back to the building to pickup load of PVD package that have not gone on road yet. They have new PVDs everyday they get 15 minutes of training and go out and fail at an alarming but not unexpected rate.

Yesterday we did a pre-preload for Monday,,one PVD route already has more than a FT package route. My route is dispatched for ten hours on road so maybe I’ll get to tackle some of that about 2000 tomorrow night 🤣🤣

Cowboy Mac

Sunset about 345pm here right now.. been getting off work about six or seven hours past that.
That’s crazy. Most of your day is delivering in the dark. Assuming you get to your area by 10:30 and including an hour lunch, that’s only about 4 hours of delivering in daylight.

AKCoverMan

That’s crazy. Most of your day is delivering in the dark. Assuming you get to your area by 10:30 and including an hour lunch, that’s only about 4 hours of delivering in daylight.
My friend, our sort starts at 1000. During peak it’s a moral victory to get to my first stop before 1300.

tramtwo

Only way that zuck dude is gonna “get rid of 22.4s” is gonna be year round pvds I think. There’s no way they’re going anywhere.
I'd like to see a requirement that if a 22.4 doesn't hit a certain number of inside hours that the job is automatically converted to RPCD. If they can't get rid of the classification which I doubt that's ever going away. I'd also like to see a provision if the 22.4 doesn't go away that you can no longer use part-timers to temporarily cover drive.

Including the supervisors taking a route out there's six different ways that regular package car driver work is being done now. Soon to be seven with the same day delivery company they bought.

TCD
PVD
Seasonal Driver
Supervisor

Best contract ever.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
all the local papers are pushing buy local buy local buy local

so we agree and are buying local and looking for american made goods if possible.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You might check how much stuff is being held back.. I currently have three things that should have been delivered Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. That all three are currently saying we'll get back to you when the date is updated.
FedEx is an absolute joke right now… they have things that are being held up for a week coming out to the west coast. I have 2 pkgs that shippers sent by them and they were supposed to be here by now but I don’t expect anything for a week at least. Whatever

Coldworld

60 months and counting
all the local papers are pushing buy local buy local buy local

so we agree and are buying local and looking for american made goods if possible.
Malls have actually been very busy.. especially “outlet store” type places. I think the malls that are the most busy have all of the National chains and the stores for all of the kids… not every mall is the same