Peak season frustration

Scoot

Start time is 9:45 Tues-Fri. Guessing they want to make sure everyone has enough hours to work Christmas Eve.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes but weather related. We got nailed with snow this week. All the air has been arriving to our building on time, just hasn't all been getting delivered on time.

Would that be part of the reason for the later start times?

I'm pretty sure relaxed commit times start tomorrow (12/19).

Steward773

I'm not "scheduled for 8 hour shifts" per se, but it's obvious whenever my PT sup tells me that I'm coming in to work before 5pm that I AM going to be working well over 5 hours. Yesterday I took a break, and my PT sup was pretty nice about it. So, the situation is definitely resolved -- It's just that they should have told me when we talked about me sitting on that nook. We got into a "heated discussion" over it. I was not arguing with her, only standing up for myself.

I didn't insult her. I just said that I NEEDED to sit down, and explained why. I am working more than everyone other than the PT sups there, and I was not going to accept her saying "Do you see anyone else sitting?" I worked way harder than all of them so I sincerely didn't care if they were sitting or not. I NEEDED to give my legs a break or I was going to be useless the next day. She finally told me to take a break instead and that's what I've been doing since then.

She was definitely short and rude in her responses which were unnecessary, but I'm moving on. I know now that she's not as cool as I thought she was before. No big deal. Not like I was going to try to hang out with her or anything outside of work.

Ask your sup to cover you for a bathroom break and go 'sit' on the toilet for 10 minutes.

brownelf

Start time is 9:45 Tues-Fri. Guessing they want to make sure everyone has enough hours to work Christmas Eve.
They're starting us at the same time, think it has more to do with what time the air is arriving this week. This only makes it worse, my plan is to work my normal 13 on Monday when we start early but have advanced loads.Then twelve the rest of the week running me out of hours around 9pm Friday.