Peak season frustration

wayfair

swollen member
How about an answer. Four months here or a year.

And, how about you thought all your supervisors were really nice until they were really mean?

And how about should you stick around to be a driver or should you become a PT supe?

How about stop the crap and find another job?

sands of time...

drazzy93

sands of time...

You guys have latched on to such a trivial part of my comment history, which is pretty amusing because these details don't add up because I was trying to EMBELLISH some details as not to incriminate myself in case my sups read these posts and use it against me somehow. But no, of course, you guys must catch anyone and everyone in a "lie." :censored2: it, if it weren't for you meddling kids I would have gotten away with it...

I'm not answering any more personal questions at this point. I don't want to incriminate myself in case my sups do read these boards.

Last edited:

drazzy93

I refuse to bow to anyone...FT supervisor or not. Drazzy, I say stick to your guns - be polite but fair. Nearly everyone in lower management and worse supervisor roles, are having bad days/nights at this point. Everyone handles pressure differently. This is definitely one of the worst peaks I can remember, it's my 15th. It's just another peak, first ever peak for UPS!

This week has been a little bit more stressful than usual, but it isn't overwhelming or anything to me. Does this "crazy peak" apply to all locations or do you think the storm missed my location? At the end of every night I'm usually feeling fine, and as energetic as ever. However, I look around me, and I see hollowed out eyes with dark circles. Deflated personalities. People who used to skip up to the belt are now hobbling slowly.

PT sups who are usually all smiley are now short and rude to anyone who needs more than 2 seconds of their time. I know that one of my coworkers is definitely milking the hell out of this whole "Woe is me, it's peak season!" She's basically been hoarding all of the seasonal help to herself, and getting them to do half of her job when he is supposed to be helping EVERYONE not just her. But she literally treats him as if he's her assistant.

I mean, the onli seasonal employee we have who floats back and forth is literally in her aisle from the beginning of the shift to the end because she just has it soooo bad, of course. Even though her aisle is NOT the busiest one by any stretch. She and I get the exact same amount of packages every night, but I don't need a 16 year old seasonal employee to help me do my job. She even literally screamed out of anger in the middle of a shift.

I mean, SCREAMED like she was getting murdered or something. She keeps acting like she has so much more work than everyone else when there are the numbers right there. The people in the busiest aisles don't even use any seasonal help at all yet she has 2 people working in her aisle and she is always falling behind somehow.

Last edited:
This week has been a little bit more stressful than usual, but it isn't overwhelming or anything to me. Does this "crazy peak" apply to all locations or do you think the storm missed my location? At the end of every night I'm usually feeling fine, and as energetic as ever. However, I look around me, and I see hollowed out eyes with dark circles. Deflated personalities. People who used to skip up to the belt are now hobbling slowly.

PT sups who are usually all smiley are now short and rude to anyone who needs more than 2 seconds of their time. I know that one of my coworkers is definitely milking the hell out of this whole "Woe is me, it's peak season!" She's basically been hoarding all of the seasonal help to herself, and getting them to do half of her job when he is supposed to be helping EVERYONE not just her. But she literally treats him as if he's her assistant.

I mean, the onli seasonal employee we have who floats back and forth is literally in her aisle from the beginning of the shift to the end because she just has it soooo bad, of course. Even though her aisle is NOT the busiest one by any stretch. She and I get the exact same amount of packages every night, but I don't need a 16 year old seasonal employee to help me do my job. She even literally screamed out of anger in the middle of a shift.

I mean, SCREAMED like she was getting murdered or something. She keeps acting like she has so much more work than everyone else when there are the numbers right there. The people in the busiest aisles don't even use any seasonal help at all yet she has 2 people working in her aisle and she is always falling behind somehow.
Oh yea its sweet this peak. I load hard anyways and I started preparing myself for peaks months ago. In my hub its sink or swim nobody cares were all hurting and were all tired. We start at 10 in the morning and we might have time for a break, but I don't get off until 10 or 11 at night. Peaking is what I call it. And all you hear is yelling in my hub, yelling and people singing songs its kind of weird.

browner89

I guess it depends on the supplement.

May have already been replied to, but the supplement is probably modeled after state labor laws regarding this. In my state if you're classified as a part timer, then unless you are actually scheduled for an 8 hour shift, your employer is not required to give you a break, period. Damn right you can count on UPS to follow that to a T and never schedule anyone for an 8 hour shift, meaning no break for anyone classified as PT. Any PT'er taking a break will probably be told they're stealing time.

drazzy93

May have already been replied to, but the supplement is probably modeled after state labor laws regarding this. In my state if you're classified as a part timer, then unless you are actually scheduled for an 8 hour shift, your employer is not required to give you a break, period. Damn right you can count on UPS to follow that to a T and never schedule anyone for an 8 hour shift, meaning no break for anyone classified as PT. Any PT'er taking a break will probably be told they're stealing time.

I'm not "scheduled for 8 hour shifts" per se, but it's obvious whenever my PT sup tells me that I'm coming in to work before 5pm that I AM going to be working well over 5 hours. Yesterday I took a break, and my PT sup was pretty nice about it. So, the situation is definitely resolved -- It's just that they should have told me when we talked about me sitting on that nook. We got into a "heated discussion" over it. I was not arguing with her, only standing up for myself.

I didn't insult her. I just said that I NEEDED to sit down, and explained why. I am working more than everyone other than the PT sups there, and I was not going to accept her saying "Do you see anyone else sitting?" I worked way harder than all of them so I sincerely didn't care if they were sitting or not. I NEEDED to give my legs a break or I was going to be useless the next day. She finally told me to take a break instead and that's what I've been doing since then.

She was definitely short and rude in her responses which were unnecessary, but I'm moving on. I know now that she's not as cool as I thought she was before. No big deal. Not like I was going to try to hang out with her or anything outside of work.

drazzy93

Oh yea its sweet this peak. I load hard anyways and I started preparing myself for peaks months ago. In my hub its sink or swim nobody cares were all hurting and were all tired. We start at 10 in the morning and we might have time for a break, but I don't get off until 10 or 11 at night. Peaking is what I call it. And all you hear is yelling in my hub, yelling and people singing songs its kind of weird.

That is absolutely insane. I only work 7-8 hour shifts. Truthfully I kin dof wish I could work as many hours as you, but I'm sure I would feel a little bit differently if I actually did. Then again the peak isn't really in full swing yet. Here's to hoping we get crazier hours. Thus far we've been working earlier and earlier every week. I guess I'm just well-equipped to handle peak.

I started before peak, and had several weeks to prepare myself for this so I already know how to handle everything. I don't push myself too far, but I don't go too slow either. A few weeks ago I realized the importance of NOT twisting. Just the right pace, and I'm doing perfectly. However, I can tell that all the seasonals at my location are getting worn out. Dark circles around hollow eyes, and slumped shoulders moving very slowly. I feel kind of bad for them. Well, I would have more sympathy if I hadn't found out they were getting paid more than me. D:<

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Even worse than 2013? I thought nothing compared to that. Performance wise, my hub is almost matching 2013. But personally work wise, it's nowhere near as bad as 2013.
there is definitely more volume in our hub and it is a good size one. I think we are running close to 300 routes. The package volume for sorts is way up there and UPS cant keep seasonal help here. 2013 was largely a disaster due to weather...we'll see how it plays out.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In my state...a shift of 6 hours or more ..you get a 30 min unpaid break.

jose93209

You said you had been at ups for a year. But in another post, a few days before this one, you said you had only been at ups for 4 months.. Lmao. You're a joke.