Peak Season Helper List

evilleace

So the list for Drivers Helpers went up in my center this morning and I was wondering if anyone else's center had there's up yet? Also if it is how full is it our was about half full which surprised me because not very many seemed interested when I went to sign.

cwmaxxout

Yes our list went up this week, know one signed it since it only pay $8.50hr from what I'm told correct me if I'm wrong!

feeder53

ADKtrails
I was asked yesterday if I still wanted to be a seasonal Feeders driver and to come in and fill out the application again.....so here it comes

evilleace

you should be able to sign up the list asks for a senoirity date and as long as your seniority kicks in before thanksgiving then you will get the same payrate as an inside worker if your seniority kicks in after thanksgiving then you might get payrate of outside hires. Not sure correct me if I am wrong anyone. Also in local 710 the union pt employees who are helpers get 80% of driver start rate something like $13 an hr.

Work right slow and safe

in my center they are cutting cover drivers and then asking them if they would like to do driver helper for peek they stated that we will not be needed for peek this year we are with 572 and the pay rate is $9.50 per hr less then are pay rate in the hub and more then half what we make as a cover driver good times u.p.s is just trying to use cover drivers to help as a helper just to save money on training and we know how to do the job to save time and pay us alot less way to think about your workers u.p.s

iowa boy

geez, our lists have been up for 11 days already. As for pay, it is 12.88 for current employees, for outside hires, I have not heard yet.

UPSNewbie

I assume seniority kicks in after the thirty days. I haven't seen any lists, though I haven't looked. The facility I work in is big on seasonal, outside employees. At least it seems that way.

And I completely forgot something... You probably have to be 21 to be a helper? If so, no bother for me, seeing as I'm only 18.

LKLND3380

So the list for Drivers Helpers went up in my center this morning and I was wondering if anyone else's center had there's up yet? Also if it is how full is it our was about half full which surprised me because not very many seemed interested when I went to sign.

They come around with a clipboard asking for volunteers on days they need help...

rocket man

Good luck helpers IM not being mean just stretch a lot and were a good pair of boots it may be cold where you are but flood your body with fluids you will need it or you will have leg cramps that will last to febuary.

helenofcalifornia

Our HR person said this morning that they don't anticipate using that many helpers this year because of the slow economy. Indications are that UPS will have a "flat" Christmas.

And our inside helpers, according to the recently posted sign-up sheet, witll be paid $14.50 and hour.

Brownnblue

Our HR person said this morning that they don't anticipate using that many helpers this year because of the slow economy. Indications are that UPS will have a "flat" Christmas.

And our inside helpers, according to the recently posted sign-up sheet, witll be paid $14.50 and hour.

I just had a "one vision" last week and they said they were anticipating the heaviest Christmas season on record due to high gas prices. They said they are planning on putting out twice the number of peak routes on the road in December, possibly more.

Even though we are at different sides of the country, I think it's pretty interesting that they are that far off on projected volume.

Jigawatts

I haven't noticed it in our building yet.

I jumped my first peak season and IIRC it was $11.75. Haven't done it since, mostly because they jobbed me on my $75 bonus. Plus, $11.75 is a pay cut now.

My brother-in-law (non UPS employee) did it about 3 years ago and I believe he got paid the same amount. It seems like they have problems signing people up since $11.75 is a pay cut for most in our building.

helenofcalifornia

I just had a "one vision" last week and they said they were anticipating the heaviest Christmas season on record due to high gas prices. They said they are planning on putting out twice the number of peak routes on the road in December, possibly more.

Even though we are at different sides of the country, I think it's pretty interesting that they are that far off on projected volume.

Another example of the head not knowing what the tail is doing. Totally makes sense that internet shipping will be off the hook. I do all my Christmas internet shopping after Thanksgiving when the shipping is free.