Peak season predictions

They’re not. But, they can’t discipline us for calling out saturdays. Called out 2 saturdays ago and or told me bring a steward into the office Tuesday morning (Monday Labor Day) to be written up. Also tried to tell me I wouldn’t be payed for holiday which I knew was bs. Tuesday morning, “good morning” I wanted to laugh so hard
But the same time they're still charging people for using the sick day if they call off on a six punch which is complete BS

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
But the same time they're still charging people for using the sick day if they call off on a six punch which is complete BS
Maybe where you’re at. Didn’t happen to me on that Saturday. Here’s my proof.
66A454A1-92E8-4399-B339-70929E2E3DC9.jpeg
5FE08DC7-2354-40F5-AF21-26D9B98CA623.jpeg
167C8A5D-CED5-42EA-916B-FE6FBBAB8358.jpeg

I got the second sick day and additional optional day added ~July

these were also the texts I got.
799AD2D3-38BB-4E15-9763-E159ACEEE0BD.jpeg
0D7C3495-E19B-4760-B859-5DE31A855076.jpeg

Last edited:

Est.1998

So much for the idea of an industrial athlete lol! Not a good look for UPS... Re-enforces the idea that anyone could do the job.
Anyone could do the job.
Just like any job can be done by anyone.
Fact is, can they do the job day in and day out for years and years until retirement?
We are the mythical Phoenix!!!
We work, burn ourselves out,
yet we rise from the ashes everyday.​

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Peak? Lol. The logistics network is going to crumble. Your Dear Leader has already been dismantling it during a pandemic. We have so many "suckers" and "losers" from the military (his words) in this company I'd be surprised if anything manages to get delivered.

Peak this year will be executed by corporate sleeper teams because your union isn't protecting you. Your friends who have worked next to you for decades will continue to die because of people's ignorance and arrogance while the worst of you cheer on your own demise.

1 in 3 renters face eviction. 1 in 8 Americans right now are going hungry. The only people with disposable income buying anything from our gold/silver store or hobby site are other business owners. Everyone else has been buying $5, $10 things. People have even started scamming the nearly free stuff.

Our dumpster stopped being filled with TV boxes and beer bottles eight weeks ago. Now all that's thrown away is stuff people cant carry with them, and the walls and carpet that maintenance had to tear down after they move out.

We are still slaying it thanks to those customers who are supporting other businesses where possible. This will not last. We are keenly aware of what our numbers have been telling us.

There isn't gonna be Christmas this year. Not in the same capacity it has been the last 100 yrs. The holiday weekend is gonna be the dagger in America's ribs and, ironically, Thanksgiving will probably be the last nail in the coffin. What a world.
1600630652274.png

Staydryitsraining

My prediction is December 25th will once again sneak up on them, the ors's will pretend like they have the hardest job in the world. I wont be working 6 days a week regardless of what they say. We wont have helpers because of covid. And pvds will run rampant.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
My prediction is December 25th will once again sneak up on them, the ors's will pretend like they have the hardest job in the world. I wont be working 6 days a week regardless of what they say. We wont have helpers because of covid. And pvds will run rampant.
By the 25th if the PVD's are still running rampant there's a problem that wasn't addressed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
By the 25th if the PVD's are still running rampant there's a problem that wasn't addressed.
They ran all summer in many places.

Yeah under staffing has been a huge problem nationwide since early summer at the latest. We need at least 3 full time drivers here. Instead sups will work every day until seasonal period

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
They ran all summer in many places.

Yeah under staffing has been a huge problem nationwide since early summer at the latest. We need at least 3 full time drivers here. Instead sups will work every day until seasonal period
It was obvious that every shipping company was caught flat-footed when the virus hit and effected operations. In our area it seemed like they threw everything including the kitchen sink at the problem and it worked. Packages were delivered, drivers actually saw their families and everyone made money. Isn't that really the bottom line here?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
lol and they pick up??? Must be institutionalized. Ups can be like jail sometimes. If you have 10 years of service you’ve been locked up for 10
No they’re a glutton for punishment or bad marriage and bored at home or feel like the company is going to appreciate what they’re doing.

upsbeernut

Good summary of things to come. Ups is not going to care since the manager buyout is coming and all salaries will be on the chopping block. Corporate wins again by lining their pockets with outside hiring like the payroll dept. Slowly but surely the company will be divided into parts and no one will be able work together like the old days.

upsbeernut

Good prediction

Not Rushin’

I look forward to gaining my winter weight back and having someone else walk these stops off. I'm hoping they don't pull the social distance crap and prevent us from having helpers.
We were told that there would be no outside hires used as helpers due to COVID restrictions. Our peak season is usually fairly smooth, but I am getting a sinking feeling in my gut about this year.