Peak season predictions

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
New CEO came in and literally said we have been spending too much on upgrading operations. We need to learn to be more efficient with what we have.
We are working with broken equipment, does she know anything. Our 40 year old building has the same mules same floor scrubber, and same trash compactor. Geezus , no upgrading amazon is going to blow us away. They have mercedes delivery vans.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I think you mean irregs which is short for irregular packages not E reg.
As much as i hate to admit it, telematics is keeping us on the straight and narrow.
Take that away, and a lot of drivers will be worse than Amazon, doing all kinds of unsafe actions trying to get’er done. The only solution to our problem is get more trucks, hire more drivers, and create more routes. Until then, work safe and be careful not to drown in all that money.
CEO doesn’t want to upgrade anything.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I heard you have the choice of having a helper during COVID. Finally I will be able to eat my lunch alone during peak.
Lol. I had this battle last year with my center. I told them I’m not picking my helper up until after lunch, and my lunch is always between 1-2 on that route. I need my morning alone time during peak....plus the air on that route sucks, rural noon commits all over. So I don’t want some dude driving around with me while I’m doing 7 stops an hour.
They kept writing 10 am pickup time for him...I kept telling them no. They messaged me asking to pick him up earlier, I said no.
This went back and forth for almost 2 weeks. My center manager personally called me on road to ask me why I’m not complying with the helper coordinator. I explained the situation to him. He laughed and said “ok man, carry on.” Never got harassed about the pickup time again.
All the Seasonal idiots who think they are my boss is the worst part of peak. Helper coordinator, seasonal pt sups, seasonal oms.....all of them....complete idiots trying to tell me what to do.
Pound sand and get a real job, loser

UPSER1987

your newbies are crying with 150 stops, each building across the usa will be so full of damages caused from poor handling inside and the 65% increase in e regs. You guys are screwed and have been screwed for the past 5 months. ups needs to stop hiring fat asses to drive , sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings. They should rent vacant warehouses for the damages and process them out of the way of everything. When I sweep my assigned areas, there are in building packages still covered by forever bags for the past 4 weeks. No one does sh inside due to the lack of organization.
We have a lot of fat drivers in our center too. With the amount of work available, you’d think they would be in much better shape...

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
My area slowed down drastically at least. One good perk of delivering in the hood.

Why would the hood slow down at all... I thought they were all on the welfare and that seems like a pretty steady check to me! Plus, don't poor people just steal instead of purchasing?

I guess the border wall must be slowing down all the drugs, if the drugs don't show up thugs can't redistribute them and use those profits to fuel the economy. :ninja3:

Why would the hood slow down at all... I thought they were all on the welfare and that seems like a pretty steady check to me! Plus, don't poor people just steal instead of purchasing?

I guess the border wall must be slowing down all the drugs, if the drugs don't show up thugs can't redistribute them and use those profits to fuel the economy. :ninja3:
What wall? The cartels just have essential truck drivers bring the drugs through the legal border crossings. They let the Feds bust a couple truck loads once in a while so they can show Washington what a great job they are doing.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
I hope you realize that management will never schedule a 22.4 employee to do hub work. All they have to do is lay them off for the week which makes them get paid their inside pay rate and not their driving rate when working in the hub. They’ll also have to double shift to reach their 8 hours. 22.4 is a scam.

where i work, all 22.4's myself included were asked to stay after PCM and told that this upcoming week and possibly the one after we were to report to pre load tue-fri (driving saturday)

i got a call from the manager during my route today stating that after he looked at the staffing numbers, they still need me to report as a driver. i'll look on tue to see how many other 22.4's didn't get that call.