Peak season preload as a student

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Five hours is all a pter is obligated to work on any given day.
Maybe in your local. It used to be that way in my local...not anymore. Now, if you want relief from OT (during peak or summer peak), you must submit a written request for a given week the week before and it's granted pending management approval.

P

pickup

HR lady mentioned nothing to me nor did the orientation supervisor about start times being 4 hours earlier...honestly I would be fine with 2 am but midnight is crazy, essentially working overnight shift not early morning

When employees are hard to get , HR likes to leave out little details that will discourage the few fish lured to the orientation , details that will discourage them from taking the bait.

IN 2009, with the Great Recession in full bloom, HR gave the most honest orientations to rooms overflowing with applicants.

MendozaJ

Management tried to deny ot pay until after 8 hours so we punched out at 5 hours. The next day, they relented. I'm still here.

What exactly is the disciplinary action for refusing ot? I want to hear your case as management. Put me before your panel.

You would let them work you for 12 hours simply because they ordered you to? Know your rights.

Your locals are weak, stewards sadly misinformed.

Scuderia

I feel lucky to work in a hub without package cars. We start at 10 AM normally, 7 AM during peak. We get 30 hours during non-peak time, 45-50 hours during peak, working 6 days a week. :cool:

km3

Management tried to deny ot pay until after 8 hours so we punched out at 5 hours. The next day, they relented. I'm still here.

What exactly is the disciplinary action for refusing ot? I want to hear your case as management. Put me before your panel.

You would let them work you for 12 hours simply because they ordered you to? Know your rights.

1) Some supplements have that rule, apparently. Mine isn't one of them.

2) Job abandonment. Termination.

3) Yes. WAD now, grieve later.

4) Show me which part of the contract says I'm only required to work for 5 hours, and I'll bring it up with my steward or at a union meeting.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

My local supplement language is quite clear...PTers are paid OT pay after 5 hours....it says nothing about OT being optional. If my peak start time is 12am...I do not have the right to punch out and leave after 5am without permision....that's called job abandonment and I could be walked out.