Peak Season

bacha29

Well boys, Q4 results came out awhile ago. Not great but better than expected However little mention was made of Express but rather it was all about Freight and Ground with the special focus on the placement of even heavier demands on Ground. Demands that are attributable to the completion of the transfer of the balance of Smartpost to Ground along with the transfer of even more Express boxes to Ground. All part of the so called and slick worded "final mile optimization" . Translation: Every Ground terminal goes 7 days a week nationwide very soon Great idea! That's provided that heavily producing cheap labor trees grow abundantly nationwide.

zeev

This a big fake out look at the year over year results a disaster, just get analysts to lower expectations and than beat the lower bar. Get Wall Street to some after market buying, lure the suckers in Fred sold at 117.00 May 8.

AB831

This a big fake out look at the year over year results a disaster, just get analysts to lower expectations and than beat the lower bar. Get Wall Street to some after market buying, lure the suckers in Fred sold at 117.00 May 8.
Did he really? Guess he has to feed his fat gut somehow after that altruistic, job-saving paycut he took during the pandemic. I’m sure there’s no other ulterior moti.......reason he would sell.

bacha29

Now what does this all mean? It means that while people are spending July ordering Christmas presents, Ground will be busy ordering tarps along with the ropes and stakes needed to hold them down so they won't blow off all the freight piled up underneath them. Won't have to worry about needing to do that in the Northern belts when they're already nicely buried under 3 inches of ice and 2 feet of snow and parking lots look like an Eskimo igloo village.

Man , is this going to be fun watching Ground people running around like ants out of a hail storm.

fedx

Extra Large Package
UPS hiring full time off the street now. If there is no future in Ground why stay 4 years?

You would have to be nuts not to go with UPS. Top out in 4 years, full insurance with $0 premium out of your check, pension, 401K, etc. And now there's articles on finance sites about how UPS' single division model is thoroughly beating FedEx and their seperate divisions.. Even though UPS pays way better than FedEx and give guaranteed timely raises, they're beating the pants off of FedEx and their stingy, miserly, penny pinching business model.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
... And now there's articles on finance sites about how UPS' single division model is thoroughly beating FedEx and their seperate divisions.. Even though UPS pays way better than FedEx and give guaranteed timely raises, they're beating the pants off of FedEx and their stingy, miserly, penny pinching business model.
Are you breaking with the contention that the courier is to blame? That questionable management decisions with their ‘overarching knowledge’ is at fault?

Blasphemous!

bacha29

You would have to be nuts not to go with UPS. Top out in 4 years, full insurance with $0 premium out of your check, pension, 401K, etc. And now there's articles on finance sites about how UPS' single division model is thoroughly beating FedEx and their seperate divisions.. Even though UPS pays way better than FedEx and give guaranteed timely raises, they're beating the pants off of FedEx and their stingy, miserly, penny pinching business model.
While those early years working at UPS are challenging there is still something to look forward to. What do you have to look forward to working for a contractor who himself is working on a clever and vaguely worded one year contract?

It will be fine

Now what does this all mean? It means that while people are spending July ordering Christmas presents, Ground will be busy ordering tarps along with the ropes and stakes needed to hold them down so they won't blow off all the freight piled up underneath them. Won't have to worry about needing to do that in the Northern belts when they're already nicely buried under 3 inches of ice and 2 feet of snow and parking lots look like an Eskimo igloo village.

Man , is this going to be fun watching Ground people running around like ants out of a hail storm.
C01400E2-23EF-40DE-828E-E6C234AB2A22.gif

bacha29

"Last Mile Optimization".........Translation:.......Ground contractors lugging even more boxes at even lower settlement rates. And yes, you contractors will be doing plenty of bawling of your own when you see your settlements and you've got boxes piled up everywhere and management gives you an ultimatum:........Either the boxes go or you go. If you think that can't happen then show everyone the contract language that says that it can't because nobody including you is irreplaceable .

It will be fine

"Last Mile Optimization".........Translation:.......Ground contractors lugging even more boxes at even lower settlement rates. And yes, you contractors will be doing plenty of bawling of your own when you see your settlements and you've got boxes piled up everywhere and management gives you an ultimatum:........Either the boxes go or you go. If you think that can't happen then show everyone the contract language that says that it can't because nobody including you is irreplaceable .
DE6CE744-B740-42C2-BAD0-426B07248CCA.png

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And now there's articles on finance sites about how UPS' single division model is thoroughly beating FedEx and their seperate divisions.. Even though UPS pays way better than FedEx and give guaranteed timely raises, they're beating the pants off of FedEx and their stingy, miserly, penny pinching business model.

Reading this type of post on this type of board always cracks me up.

zeev

Wait I just received a FedEx Ground pkg today it was due a month ago in the meantime I called shipper and received a UPS delivery the next day .What can Ground do for you now I have a double bonus package.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why? The authors of those articles know way more than you ever will.

Read 15 different articles by 15 different authors and you'll read 15 different opinions and no 2 are alike. But this isn't about the authors.

It cracks me up because Cletus reads an article and repeats what he reads no matter how far it is beyond his comprehension. It's like the clowns on a football message board jabbering about analytics that they don't understand or attempt to use out of context.

AB831

It cracks me up because Cletus reads an article and repeats what he reads no matter how far it is beyond his comprehension. It's like the clowns on a football message board jabbering about analytics that they don't understand or attempt to use out of context.
Sounds like an exact description of what you do every time you post here.