Peak Season

bacha29

I wonder if he even understands the inconsistency in questioning how I compensate my employees while claiming I have no control over my business.

He’s like a negativity gaslighter, it doesn’t matter if his arguments are inconsistent within the same sentence. The goal is spreading negativity.
The goal was to strip away the veneer and expose the ulterior motives behind Fedex Ground's so called "entrepreneurs".
And with your help and I thank you for that , I and many others have been able to achieve that objective.
It's not out fault that in the course of your efforts to make us believe (unsuccessfully) that what you have is a self made, self governed enterprise you disclosed among other things that you pay on stop and piece work basis which is very much like farming on shares along with the admission that you are TOTALLY beholding to Fedex Ground given that they are the ONLY customer in play here.

And when you throw in the fact that theirs is the only freight you haul and you do it under their DOT operating authority,...you tell me, just what kind of "independent business" do you call that?

falcon back

BS.

Doubtful any of your ex-cronies want anything to do with a know-it-all like you, let alone meeting you for lunch.

Furthermore you can’t tell me the subject of the workplace would never come up even if the lunch gathering would even happen at all.
We sure don't discuss what % volume has increased or what the service levels are. Unlike you, we actually have a life and enjoy many interests besides work. On the other hand, you have no life or hobbies, except bitching 24/7 about Fdx.

It will be fine

The goal was to strip away the veneer and expose the ulterior motives behind Fedex Ground's so called "entrepreneurs".
And with your help and I thank you for that , I and many others have been able to achieve that objective.
It's not out fault that in the course of your efforts to make us believe (unsuccessfully) that what you have is a self made, self governed enterprise you disclosed among other things that you pay on stop and piece work basis which is very much like farming on shares along with the admission that you are TOTALLY beholding to Fedex Ground given that they are the ONLY customer in play here.

And when you throw in the fact that theirs is the only freight you haul and you do it under their DOT operating authority,...you tell me, just what kind of "independent business" do you call that?
Please find the quote where I said I pay piece rate.

AB831

We sure don't discuss what % volume has increased or what the service levels are. Unlike you, we actually have a life and enjoy many interests besides work. On the other hand, you have no life or hobbies, except bitching 24/7 about Fdx.
What does your life consist of?

AB831

There’s nothing independent about it. If you buy a McDonald’s franchise, are you allowed change the menu around and start selling pizza because you “own” your business? Or do you do exactly what the McDonald’s corporation tells you to do? Make no mistake. The only ownership in question here is that of his ass by Fat Freddy Smith.

It will be fine

There’s nothing independent about it. If you buy a McDonald’s franchise, are you allowed change the menu around and start selling pizza because you “own” your business? Or do you do exactly what the McDonald’s corporation tells you to do? Make no mistake. The only ownership in question here is that of his ass by Fat Freddy Smith.
You don’t think franchises are businesses? Do you understand anything in the world of business? You don’t need to answer, it’s clear you do not.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No one discusses that crap at all except the managers that you worship. There’s much better workplace gossip and past events worthy of discussion if you want to talk work. See....you missed the point once again. Either that or you totally suck at deflecting the topic.

I suppose you always pick up the tab for all your ex-cronies with the winnings from your wife’s lottery winnings too.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I guess nothing to a company boot licking sycophant like yourself.
Why lash out at me simply because you can't answer a simple question about your own opinion? I mean, the only other person who resorted to such antics doesn't post much here anymore and....

Well, anyway. At least we have it in common that neither one of us can explain why it's immoral.

AB831

Why lash out at me simply because you can't answer a simple question about your own opinion? I mean, the only other person who resorted to such antics doesn't post much here anymore and....

Well, anyway. At least we have it in common that neither one of us can explain why it's immoral.
Well I explained it to you, so if you don’t know how to read, there’s not much I can do for you.

falcon back

No one discusses that crap at all except the managers that you worship. There’s much better workplace gossip and past events worthy of discussion if you want to talk work. See....you missed the point once again. Either that or you totally suck at deflecting the topic.

I suppose you always pick up the tab for all your ex-cronies with the winnings from your wife’s lottery winnings too.
bacha knew the volume increase at his old location. LOL. That is dedication and obsessive behavior. Sad!!!

bacha29

You told me the work schedule, you didn't explain what was immoral about it. Probably because there's nothing immoral about it.
The immorality is found in your belief that the subjection of others to those days and hours is perfectly ok .. for someone else.. but no you.
Conversely, the primary reason why I chose not to expand was the fact that I wasn't going to send somebody out there and do a job I wouldn't do myself and on top of it all expect them to do it for a fraction of the pay their counterparts at the other carriers were being paid. . The reputation of being a bad employer whose demands are not backed up with proper compensation wasn't something I was willing to accept in addition to being TOTALLY beholding to Fat Freddy.

bacha29

Please find the quote where I said I pay piece rate.
What you call "incentives" I call piece rate. And in keeping with the discussion why don't you tell us what your "incentives" consist of and what are they worth in terms of additional compensation and the percentage of total compensation they represent?

59 Dano

Yeah, I’m not interested in playing semantics with you. friend* * k off.
Maybe someone else can explain what's immoral about a work schedule. You clearly can't.

Suck it up, buttercup and don't let your mouth outrun your intellect.

59 Dano

The immorality is found in your belief that the subjection of others to those days and hours is perfectly ok .. for someone else.. but no you.
I think it would suck, but that doesn't make it immoral.

Conversely, the primary reason why I chose not to expand was the fact that I wasn't going to send somebody out there and do a job I wouldn't do myself and on top of it all expect them to do it for a fraction of the pay their counterparts at the other carriers were being paid. . The reputation of being a bad employer whose demands are not backed up with proper compensation wasn't something I was willing to accept in addition to being TOTALLY beholding to Fat Freddy.
That and you have no business sense whatsoever.

It will be fine

I may not have any "business sense" in your estimation but I do however have something you don't have..... principles.
Where exactly do your principles come in with the sale of your route? You’re making someone head out in the jing weeds to pay you. You sold something you claim has no value, doesn’t sound very principled to me. I think your principles end where your pocketbook begins.

bacha29

Where exactly do your principles come in with the sale of your route? You’re making someone head out in the jing weeds to pay you. You sold something you claim has no value, doesn’t sound very principled to me. I think your principles end where your pocketbook begins.
As I told you before the offer to buy was unsolicited and came from a single route contractor who knew that he needed additional routes if he had intentions of staying. The other contractors were at scale he wasn't He was the first to approach me and at a time when I was no longer willing to be beholding to Fat Freddy ..but he had no money .

In the end I accepted what he could offer....and. no only that but I financed it for him 100% with ZERO DOWN for 6 years at the lowest interest rate the IRS would allow for an owner for an owner financed transaction.

Now in response I want you tell us about the great things you've done to help out your fellow contractors who were struggling that we NOT tied to ways that benefited you.

And why you're at it tell us about what your so called "incentives" consist of, how they are met and what percentage of a drivers total compensation they represent.