Peak Season

It will be fine

According to you you are making a living off the hard work of others who are NOT making a good living. That is what happened with share croppers were were left with nearly identical conditions as they faced in slavery, without the sanctioned brutality, but allowing them to leave if they didn't like it. That is immoral in my book. My morals didn't allow me that option, and my drivers kept what they earned minus about $10 a day that I earned as 'manager, as well as continuing to drive at least 4 days per week.
That is part of the reason I was soooooo willing to walk away despite the threats from management who were trying to force me into terms that actually violated the contract, as in servicing the primary service area of another contractor who was failing to service it himself.

We all know that it is still impossible for an ISP to provide drivers with a decent middle class compensation package that allows them the dignity to support themselves, let alone a family. You make the excuse that being a delivery driver is just an entry level job, to make yourself feel better. Decades and decades of American history had delivery drivers as respectable long term careers, but you are willing to be a pawn to fedex to make a buck for yourself while those working for you qualify for government assistance to live, making you a contributor to the decline of America and add to the growth of those needing a handout to make it. Companies need to be required to pay enough that workers can afford food, housing, transportation to work, and medical care to remain healthy, which you do not do. You are causing everyone's taxes to be higher so you can profit from the labor that taxpayers are actually paying to provide.
Thanks for the entirely ignorant reply. You are wrong in your assumptions of the compensation I offer drivers.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Companies need to be required to pay enough that workers can afford food, housing, transportation to work, and medical care to remain healthy, which you do not do. You are causing everyone's taxes to be higher so you can profit from the labor that taxpayers are actually paying to provide.
Not to spring to Itsy's defense, but COMPANIES DO NOT ENSLAVE THEIR EMPLOYEES!

Before someone becomes an employee, the company offers the prospect a compensation package. There is no threat of violence if the offer is declined. If the prospect accepts the offer, they become an employee, to whom the company is obligated to compensate at the AGREED UPON RATE.

If the compensation becomes disagreeable to the employee, they are free to leave and find other employment/compensation that is acceptable. That's how the free enterprise system works.

What you are clamoring for is communism. You need to move to wherever they practice it.

bacha29

According to you you are making a living off the hard work of others who are NOT making a good living. That is what happened with share croppers were were left with nearly identical conditions as they faced in slavery, without the sanctioned brutality, but allowing them to leave if they didn't like it. That is immoral in my book. My morals didn't allow me that option, and my drivers kept what they earned minus about $10 a day that I earned as 'manager, as well as continuing to drive at least 4 days per week.
That is part of the reason I was soooooo willing to walk away despite the threats from management who were trying to force me into terms that actually violated the contract, as in servicing the primary service area of another contractor who was failing to service it himself.

We all know that it is still impossible for an ISP to provide drivers with a decent middle class compensation package that allows them the dignity to support themselves, let alone a family. You make the excuse that being a delivery driver is just an entry level job, to make yourself feel better. Decades and decades of American had delivery drivers as respectable long term careers, but you are willing to be a pawn to fedex to make a buck for yourself while those working for you qualify for government assistance to live, making you a contributor to the decline of America and add to the growth of those needing a handout to make it. Companies need to be required to pay enough that workers can afford food, housing, transportation to work, and medical care to remain healthy, which you do not do. You are causing everyone's taxes to be higher so you can profit from the labor that taxpayers are actually paying to provide.
Absolutely spot on. We the 3 Day 1's at my terminal were offered numerous routes completely free of charge but turned them all down for the reasons you mentioned. About $50 a week was all the more an additional route had to offer in the way of additional profit. So we simply told the person who wanted the route, "Here's the route. here's the area and whatever it is you can get out of it...you can keep" Fitty bucks a week was in no way shape or form worth becoming even more beholding to Fedex.

And indeed you are correct when you exposed the fact "Mr. Businessman " IWBF is simply another corporate welfare recipient . In addition to his material assistance in the industry's ongoing race to the bottom.

Mr. IBWF won't disclose the details of his so called "incentives" based compensation..... He doesn't need to because we already know the game he keeps trying to cover up.

And like you I too was happy to walk away with or without the going away present another contractor gave And to this very day he still has to drive a daily route which still represents the vast majority of his income.

bacha29

Not to spring to Itsy's defense, but COMPANIES DO NOT ENSLAVE THEIR EMPLOYEES!

Before someone becomes an employee, the company offers the prospect a compensation package. There is no threat of violence if the offer is declined. If the prospect accepts the offer, they become an employee, to whom the company is obligated to compensate at the AGREED UPON RATE.

If the compensation becomes disagreeable to the employee, they are free to leave and find other employment/compensation that is acceptable. That's how the free enterprise system works.

What you are clamoring for is communism. You need to move to wherever they practice it.
What you call communism I and many others call Collective Bargaining. The right to negotiate in good faith with a level field of play that "agreed upon rate"

It will be fine

Absolutely spot on. We the 3 Day 1's at my terminal were offered numerous routes completely free of charge but turned them all down for the reasons you mentioned. About $50 a week was all the more an additional route had to offer in the way of additional profit. So we simply told the person who wanted the route, "Here's the route. here's the area and whatever it is you can get out of it...you can keep" Fitty bucks a week was in no way shape or form worth becoming even more beholding to Fedex.

And indeed you are correct when you exposed the fact "Mr. Businessman " IWBF is simply another corporate welfare recipient . In addition to his material assistance in the industry's ongoing race to the bottom.

Mr. IBWF won't disclose the details of his so called "incentives" based compensation..... He doesn't need to because we already know the game he keeps trying to cover up.

And like you I too was happy to walk away with or without the going away present another contractor gave And to this very day he still has to drive a daily route which still represents the vast majority of his income.
He still has to drive because you saddled him with debt.

bacha29

He still has to drive because you saddled him with debt.
He still has to drive because his other routes earn so little that he can't make it on them alone.

Look we do not and will not harbor any ill will toward you if you will simply stop trying to project yourself as an independent, self made self governed businessman. It's because Fat Freddy will never accept anything less than you being totally subjugated and completely beholding to him.

It will be fine

He still has to drive because his other routes earn so little that he can't make it on them alone.

Look we do not and will not harbor any ill will toward you if you will simply stop trying to project yourself as an independent, self made self governed businessman. It's because Fat Freddy will never accept anything less than you being totally subjugated and completely beholding to him.
You gave away routes so long as you could still work. When you couldn’t you saddled a sucker with debt. It’s shameful. You could have built a company and offered that same guy decent compensation to work for you without the stress.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What you call communism I and many others call Collective Bargaining. The right to negotiate in good faith with a level field of play that "agreed upon rate"
Damn, you possess absolutely no reading comprehension. Either that, or you’re so obsessed with your agenda that you twist any statement into false argument.

FYI, collective bargaining is agreed to by both parties, not forced upon either. Ttku

bacha29

You gave away routes so long as you could still work. When you couldn’t you saddled a sucker with debt. It’s shameful. You could have built a company and offered that same guy decent compensation to work for you without the stress.
Depends on what you call "decent" . In fact what in your opinion is "decent" compensation and you could use what you pay your drivers as an example of what you consider to be "decent compensation" while living in one of the nation's highest cost of living areas.

bacha29

Damn, you possess absolutely no reading comprehension. Either that, or you’re so obsessed with your agenda that you twist any statement into false argument.

FYI, collective bargaining is agreed to by both parties, not forced upon either. Ttku
You're the guy with no reading comprehension. The issue is the RIGHT to collective bargaining because without it's "take it or leave it" when it comes to that "agreed upon rate".

bacha29

Every driver that works for a Ground contractor has the right to collectively bargain.
Oh, so you're willing to recognize a union and sign a union contract that recognizes your ENTIRE group of employees right to collective bargaining and to negotiate a labor contract with that union membership? You could have told us that a long time ago!.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You're the guy with no reading comprehension. The issue is the RIGHT to collective bargaining because without it's "take it or leave it" when it comes to that "agreed upon rate".
You’re the only one who brought up the subject. Go find your mirror and argue with yourself.

bacha29

You’re the only one who brought up the subject. Go find your mirror and argue with yourself.
You are the one who not only needs to look in the mirror but is also in need of a reality check. I'm sure that when you went to work for Fat Freddy the two of you successfully negotiated a mutually agreed to pay rate.

It will be fine

Oh, so you're willing to recognize a union and sign a union contract that recognizes your ENTIRE group of employees right to collective bargaining and to negotiate a labor contract with that union membership? You could have told us that a long time ago!.
That’s the law. My willingness has no bearing. I’d recommend against it to my employees because they’d likely all lose their jobs, but they still have the right to unionize. It’s not a concern with me, my employees are paid and treated well.

bacha29

That’s the law. My willingness has no bearing. I’d recommend against it to my employees because they’d likely all lose their jobs, but they still have the right to unionize. It’s not a concern with me, my employees are paid and treated well.
Thank you for finally acknowledging the fact that you're indeed what we've said you are for a long time.

You're Fat Freddy's hand maid whose job among other unpleasant tasks is to keep feeding him a satisfactory supply of cheap labor earning a wage he would be too embarrassed to pay himself and to serve as a firewall against all efforts to form a union represented workforce within Fedex Ground.

This is a reality that is freely accepted. But as long as you insist on continuing to feed us that big pile of bull feces we'll continue to throw it right back at you. The reason being is the extremely captive and one sided nature of the contract itself. In fact it was only under the threat of an Internal Revenue lawsuit did the company grudging grant the goodwill provision that allows you to sell your contract for capital gain but even that comes with tight restrictions and controls.

It will be fine

Thank you for finally acknowledging the fact that you're indeed what we've said you are for a long time.

You're Fat Freddy's hand maid whose job among other unpleasant tasks is to keep feeding him a satisfactory supply of cheap labor earning a wage he would be too embarrassed to pay himself and to serve as a firewall against all efforts to form a union represented workforce within Fedex Ground.

This is a reality that is freely accepted. But as long as you insist on continuing to feed us that big pile of bull feces we'll continue to throw it right back at you. The reason being is the extremely captive and one sided nature of the contract itself. In fact it was only under the threat of an Internal Revenue lawsuit did the company grudging grant the goodwill provision that allows you to sell your contract for capital gain but even that comes with tight restrictions and controls.
My pay is higher than Express in my area.