Peak Season

bacha29

The most amazing thing about this whole pandemic is how the federal government has completely abdicated its duty and left the states to fend for themselves. That has been the federal strategy since day one. Congress is doing nothing but using other people's tragedies as a bargaining chip to play political games. The President is doing nothing but tweeting about voter fraud that doesn't exist. The state governors really got a raw deal.
There simply must be a coordinated national response with an over riding set of national standards applicable nationwide.
Yes, I've heard all about "big" government and personal rights and liberties but widely varying individual state initiatives has left us with an out of control pandemic that is causing untold misery and busted state budgets that will result in a combination of state and local tax increases and significant reductions in key public services.

And when that happens the states rights people will be hollering the loudest.

AB831

There simply must be a coordinated national response with an over riding set of national standards applicable nationwide.
Yes, I've heard all about "big" government and personal rights and liberties but widely varying individual state initiatives has left us with an out of control pandemic that is causing untold misery and busted state budgets that will result in a combination of state and local tax increases and significant reductions in key public services.

And when that happens the states rights people will be hollering the loudest.
Exactly. Like I’m a “states rights” guy too, but that doesn’t absolve the federal government from responsibility during a national crisis. Should we have not gone to war after 9/11 because what happened at the World Trade Center was “New York’s problem?” I don’t think so.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Simple counting of the number of positive responses.
Really?
Bacha / Fred​
Likes 679 1018​
Agrees 1225 1845​
Funny 733 2533​
Winner 472 1100​
Informative 77 70​
Friendly 15 27​
------ -----​
3201 6593​
It would appear I have slightly over twice the positive responses you do.​
But then, you never have been one for facts.​

bacha29

Really?
Bacha / Fred​
Likes 679 1018​
Agrees 1225 1845​
Funny 733 2533​
Winner 472 1100​
Informative 77 70​
Friendly 15 27​
------ -----​
3201 6593​
It would appear I have slightly over twice the positive responses you do.​
But then, you never have been one for facts.​
Talk about cyber stalking . Going to all the work of researching past responses going back years is cyber stalking if ever there is one. Not to mention the fact that you've been at this a lot longer than I have. More importantly if I toed the company line the way you guys do there would be nothing here interesting to discuss or debate. Neither one of us HAS to do this but the one and only reason we do it is for discussion value.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Talk about cyber stalking . Going to all the work of researching past responses going back years is cyber stalking if ever there is one. Not to mention the fact that you've been at this a lot longer than I have. More importantly if I toed the company line the way you guys do there would be nothing here interesting to discuss or debate. Neither one of us HAS to do this but the one and only reason we do it is for discussion value.
Misdirection when caught in a lie. Typical Democrat!

It will be fine

You know profiles on this site have stats, right? He didn’t go counting.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The most amazing thing about this whole pandemic is how the federal government has completely abdicated its duty and left the states to fend for themselves. That has been the federal strategy since day one. Congress is doing nothing but using other people's tragedies as a bargaining chip to play political games. The President is doing nothing but tweeting about voter fraud that doesn't exist. The state governors really got a raw deal.
What might be needed for my state might not be appropriate for yours, and vice-versa.

AB831

Or to offer any assistance the states need to implement and execute their plans.

Kind of like what the fed has been doing for most of the year.
Completely false. Congress passed a stimulus plan 8 months ago and has done nothing since. The President has done nothing except lie about the virus and undermine the opinions of world renowned medical experts and doctors. Based on your overestimation of your own intelligence coupled with your fake tough guy persona, you seem like a standard MAGA, All Lives Matter, “won’t wear a mask” guy, so it’s no surprise to see you defend the current clown show

Last edited:

vantexan

Completely false. Congress passed a stimulus plan 8 months ago and has done nothing since. The President has done nothing except lie about the virus and undermine the opinions of world renowned medical experts and doctors. Based on your overestimation of your own intelligence coupled with your fake tough guy persona, you seem like a standard MAGA, All Lives Matter, “won’t wear a mask” guy, so it’s no surprise to see you defend the current clown show
The President got the States the ppe needed. Ventilators. Hospital ships, etc. Numerous well known Democratic governors including Cuomo and Newsome are on record thanking the president for getting them everything requested. Whether you like it or not if it's a natural disaster or a major health crisis the response is primarily at the state and local level with the Federal government giving assistance as needed. It's our system and has always been our system.

bacha29

The President got the States the ppe needed. Ventilators. Hospital ships, etc. Numerous well known Democratic governors including Cuomo and Newsome are on record thanking the president for getting them everything requested. Whether you like it or not if it's a natural disaster or a major health crisis the response is primarily at the state and local level with the Federal government giving assistance as needed. It's our system and has always been our system.
After he was no longer able to lie to the American people regarding the lethality and ease of transmission.

AB831

He wasn't forced to do anything, just did it.
He wasn’t forced to give ventilators to dying people?? That’s setting the bar pretty low, man. I remember him tweeting that governors needed to ask him nicely for life saving supplies for their constituents which is absolutely unconscionable. Sorry, man. I just don’t see eye to eye with you here. I voted for him first term, but he lost me completely in 2020.