Peak Season

vantexan

He wasn’t forced to give ventilators to dying people?? That’s setting the bar pretty low, man. I remember him tweeting that governors needed to ask him nicely for life saving supplies for their constituents which is absolutely unconscionable. Sorry, man. I just don’t see eye to eye with you here. I voted for him first term, but he lost me completely in 2020.
You got some facts wrong. Cuomo had the opportunity to buy 16,000 ventilators before the virus hit but passed on it. Then demanded all the ventilators the Federal government had. Trump told him he couldn't have them all, other states might need them too. Then Trump got manufacturers to make ventilators and other equipment. Cuomo eventually thanked Trump publicly for giving him everything needed. That included a hospital ship in New York City harbor and a field hospital in Central Park. There weren't people dying from lack of ventilators. The single biggest problem New York had was Cuomo ordering covid patients into nursing homes where the virus spread like wildfire.

oldngray

nowhere special
You got some facts wrong. Cuomo had the opportunity to buy 16,000 ventilators before the virus hit but passed on it. Then demanded all the ventilators the Federal government had. Trump told him he couldn't have them all, other states might need them too. Then Trump got manufacturers to make ventilators and other equipment. Cuomo eventually thanked Trump publicly for giving him everything needed. That included a hospital ship in New York City harbor and a field hospital in Central Park. There weren't people dying from lack of ventilators. The single biggest problem New York had was Cuomo ordering covid patients into nursing homes where the virus spread like wildfire.
and that hospital ship remained empty. Turned out they didn't need it after all.

AB831

Oh Cuomo is a jackass. You will hear no dispute of that from me. I think Trump is an awful President, but there’s also a huge element of “blame Trump for my own incompetence” among Democratic elite and it makes me sick .

bacha29

He wasn't forced to do anything, just did it.
There is simply no possible way you can dress up and present the Trump presidency in a manner that is acceptable to anyone other than his political base which will continue to shrink in size as his legal troubles continue to mount. Even more so if the national healthcare and transportation networks collapse.

vantexan

There is simply no possible way you can dress up and present the Trump presidency in a manner that is acceptable to anyone other than his political base which will continue to shrink in size as his legal troubles continue to mount. Even more so if the national healthcare and transportation networks collapse.
It's on Biden come Inauguration Day. Good luck!

bacha29

Secret Service needs to keep one eye on Kamala at all times, then.
Keep this up and you'll talk you way into a visit from the FBI. Kamala Harris will be the first female vice president but she will not be the first vice president of color. Charles Curtis was the first VP of color. He was half Kaw Indian and fluent in their unwritten native language. Moreover a regurgitated Trump Pence ticket in 24 might be in for tough sledding against a Kamala Harris / Mark Kelly team.

vantexan

When he took the vice presidential oath he immediately inherited a similar catastrophe from his GOP predecessor.
No, he inherited a mess that the Bush administration was only a part of. Democrat Congressmen played a significant part, as did greedy banks and Wall Street traders. And don't forget the millions of people who took out mortgages that they couldn't possibly pay but were counting on an endless rising market. Basic laws of economics were ignored and the result now allows Democrats to claim it was a Republican president responsible for it all. And Biden was too busy lining his own nest during the Obama years to be given credit for anything. The truly funny thing is the far Left voted for people they think can install radical change but all they really got were greedy bastards who'll be too busy grabbing what they can.

AB831

If his base didn’t shrink after this year, there’s no way it’ll ever shrink

bacha29

No, he inherited a mess that the Bush administration was only a part of. Democrat Congressmen played a significant part, as did greedy banks and Wall Street traders. And don't forget the millions of people who took out mortgages that they couldn't possibly pay but were counting on an endless rising market. Basic laws of economics were ignored and the result now allows Democrats to claim it was a Republican president responsible for it all. And Biden was too busy lining his own nest during the Obama years to be given credit for anything. The truly funny thing is the far Left voted for people they think can install radical change but all they really got were greedy bastards who'll be too busy grabbing what they can.
Look Trump lost and given that you are a one issue voter abortion and the fact that it wasn't overturned is a disappointment to you but right now just keeping the existing population alive is the top of the line issue. Moreover, your clearly failing health will almost certainly result in your increased reliance upon New Deal and Great Society social programs in order to address your afflictions. Those programs have been under attack from the Right ever since they were first introduced. They are not birth rights. All it takes is a piece of legislation and a presidential signature and they are gone.

vantexan

Look Trump lost and given that you are a one issue voter abortion and the fact that it wasn't overturned is a disappointment to you but right now just keeping the existing population alive is the top of the line issue. Moreover, your clearly failing health will almost certainly result in your increased reliance upon New Deal and Great Society social programs in order to address your afflictions. Those programs have been under attack from the Right ever since they were first introduced. They are not birth rights. All it takes is a piece of legislation and a presidential signature and they are gone.
I don't see any push to get rid of Social Security. And I'm not going to be here for Medicare but since I paid into it like everyone else if I have a major issue it'll cover I'll come back to use it. But my point was, which you are clearly avoiding, is there's plenty of blame to go around and you can't lay it at the feet of just one person or one party for that matter.

bacha29

I don't see any push to get rid of Social Security. And I'm not going to be here for Medicare but since I paid into it like everyone else if I have a major issue it'll cover I'll come back to use it. But my point was, which you are clearly avoiding, is there's plenty of blame to go around and you can't lay it at the feet of just one person or one party for that matter.
Laying at the feet of one person or party is exactly what you're doing.

Working4the1%

The President got the States the ppe needed. Ventilators. Hospital ships, etc. Numerous well known Democratic governors including Cuomo and Newsome are on record thanking the president for getting them everything requested. Whether you like it or not if it's a natural disaster or a major health crisis the response is primarily at the state and local level with the Federal government giving assistance as needed. It's our system and has always been our system.
Thank u Dear Leader...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There is simply no possible way you can dress up and present the Trump presidency in a manner that is acceptable to anyone other than his political base which will continue to shrink in size
Shrinking? He got 14 million more votes than 4 years ago.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes, because Biden has solutions for every problem that exists in America.

Too bad he won’t live long enough to implement any of them.
It doesn't matter either way because he's just there to do what he's told. If he doesn't, they 25th Amendment him or talk him into resigning.