Peak sucks

UnconTROLLed

perfection
13 hour dispatch......not always working 13 hours...actualy very few 13 hour days... Yesterday I did 237 clicks of bonus. Think that about covered my 30 minutes of working "free". Very very very few times have I not covered my "free" time.

The 30 minutes of "free time in the am probably saves me 30 minutes on the back side.......rather go in 30 minutes early and get done 30 minutes early. Being a bonus driver my pay will be the same.

Sometimes i wonder if people read posts b4 responding?

Sucker.....hmmm Been called far worse.

Did I say working 13 hours? Sometimes I wonder if people read posts before responding. Have a good night.

Re-Raise

Do you get paid bonus for under allowed? If not....then I can see your point. Lets compare apples to apples/

They are so cute at this age.

Yes I am in a bonus center. I have been driving almost 20 years and I have never had a 13 hour dispatch.

I barely look at my check at the end of the week,let alone my dispatch every day. I have a rough idea what it is.

I am not attacking you I just think you may be proud of the wrong things right now. One accident and no one is going to care how far under you ran the day before.

Re-Raise

Does anyone else think that delivering the air with the ground INCREASES your dispatch and helps your bonus? It would just result in one less stop and signature.

I deliver them together because I don't care about my dispatch. I sure as hell am not going to dig them out off the clock before start time.

rod

Retired 22 years
"me, me me me and me". blahblah

Sounds like another Upstate.

What about everyone else?

Well I don't think he hasn't stooped so low as to tell retired people they don't belong here so he don't rate as low as Upchuck. Eventually UPS will beat him down enough that he will quit working for free--- it happens to all driver at some point in their career.

probellringer

im sorry....but all you guys that go in early to set up and pre -record all your stops---are you kidding...you are taking away new jobs...then you have the nerve to say you go to work at a SECOND job.....why not just stay at this job,,follow methods---do the job as your supposed to---make the ot----u wont have to work wknds somewhere else...one guy i work with bangs his route out and brags he makes $200 on a sat/or sun on side...he can easily make that in1-2 days during wk...i dont get people..

Last edited by a moderator:

kingOFchester

"me, me me me and me". blahblah
Sounds like another Upstate.
What about everyone else?
So far, the anger, and insults being spewed towards me for my way of working seems to bother people because I make the bid driver "look bad".
That would be a "me me me and me" attitude.

They are so cute at this age.

Yes I am in a bonus center. I have been driving almost 20 years and I have never had a 13 hour dispatch.

I barely look at my check at the end of the week,let alone my dispatch every day. I have a rough idea what it is.

I am not attacking you I just think you may be proud of the wrong things right now. One accident and no one is going to care how far under you ran the day before.

Glad to see we are comparing apples to apples.

Good for you never having a 13 hour dispatch.

Never did I say I drive crazy. On the contrary I probably drive to slow. The last thing I need is to crash, and certainly do not like to hear all the packages fall off the shelf because of my driving. I follow methods. I work as directed. My savings is in the AM and skipping lunch. Like I have said over and over I am not trying to make a ton of bonus. All I try to do is get done 1.5 clicks under by spending 30 minutes in the am, and skipping lunch so I can be home with my family.

Does anyone else think that delivering the air with the ground INCREASES your dispatch and helps your bonus? It would just result in one less stop and signature.

I deliver them together because I don't care about my dispatch. I sure as hell am not going to dig them out off the clock before start time.

Never said I deliver air with grounds to increase dispatch. This sounds more like the driver that has a me me me attitude and wants to get every buck they can out of the company by being sure NOT to deliver airs with grounds. I know that is not you, but there are drivers that do games like that to increase their dispatch. I know a driver that plays that game, keeps his EDD screwed up to increase miles, and makes sure to leave several bulk packages out of a delivery so he can circle back and get more miles. This is the type of driver people should have an issue with. I dont have an issue with this behavior. If management cant see it and allows it to happen, not my problem.....I know...me me me attitude. I deliver airs with grounds so that I do not have to circle back and waste more time. If it is wrong to deliver airs with grounds, well then I am wrong and will continue to be wrong.

then you have the nerve to say you go to work at a SECOND job.....why not just stay at this job,,follow methods---do the job as your supposed to---make the ot----u wont have to work wknds somewhere else...one guy i work with bangs his route out and brags he makes $200 on a sat/or sun on side...he can easily make that in1-2 days during wk...i dont get people..

My wife and I have a retail business together. Had it for over 15 years. She works there m-friend and we work together there on Saturdays. I happen to love my wife and would spend Saturday in hell with her, if it meant I got to spend time with her.

LET ME BE CLEAR……..I work the way I do not for $$….but rather for the time it allows me to be with my family. My daughters will be out of the house in a few years and I want to be sure I have made every effort to be with them now. I want to be sure I am there to help guide them and make right decissions in life. Perhaps if people spent more time with their children, there wouldnt be so many children ruining their lives do to drugs and pregnancy. Is that a me me me attitude, maybe…….but I know I will not regret going to see their lacrosse game………I will not regret seeing them play Violet in their Willy Wonka Play. I will not regret spending time with them
I may have a me me me attitude but a lot of you have a better then you attitude.

Off to church........who has something to say about us going to church????

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
who's angry and who was insulting and/or insulted? lol I told it how it is and avoiding insulting altogether and believe me I'm not the least bit angry. Maybe you are a bit too defensive regarding your spotty job methods?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
im sorry....but all you guys that go in early to set up and pre -record all your stops---are you kidding...you are taking away new jobs...then you have the nerve to say you go to work at a SECOND job.....why not just stay at this job,,follow methods---do the job as your supposed to---make the ot----u wont have to work wknds somewhere else...one guy i work with bangs his route out and brags he makes $200 on a sat/or sun on side...he can easily make that in1-2 days during wk...i dont get people..

Some people are motivated and a strong sense of Integrity I guess. I also guess these people don't need our approval or understanding.

brownelf

this is my 26th peak as a driver, 33rd as an employee of UPS. it is what it is, like many have said take it in stride do the best you can with what you're given. And if you find yourself stressing out, stop and take a few deep breaths to calm yourself down and move on. If you're planning to retire someday from UPS you need to be able to handle these stressful situations, as your career will be filled with them. Good Luck

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Also, If I make 1.5 hours of bonus and skipped my lunch and worked 30 minutes in the AM off the clock...then it is the same as not working in the am and taking my lunch. Id rather have the 1.5 hour of pay when i am home rather then at work.

Actually, it isnt the same.

I'm not slamming you here, I'm just pointing out some very simple facts.

You are falsifying a timecard and you are partially responsible for costing a preloader his job. Your preload operation is staffed at a certain level based upon how many hours it takes to get the cars loaded. By dishonestly falsifying your timecard and working 30 minutes for free in the AM, you are allowing the company to get away with understaffing the preload operation.

Fewer employees on the payroll decreases the Pension and Health&Welfare contributions that the company would make on their behalf. Those contributions are made on a hourly basis, so by working off of the clock they are also contributing less for you.

I understand that what you are doing seems to be the most efficient way to get the work done, and that it doesnt wind up affecting your paycheck due to the "bonus" you are getting. But if it truly is the best way, why should you be required to lie about it when you submit your time card every day? Why wont the company allow you to be honest about what you are doing?

You also admit that your attitude "may" change when your kids move out and you get older and more beat up. Well, I've got a news flash for you; your attitude may change, but UPS's attitude wont.

They want that free labor that you have been giving them for so many years, they are hooked on it, and the day you start withholding it they are going to react the same way that a heroin addict would if you took his drugs away.

They aren't loyal. They wont care about the fact that you are older or more beat up. They are going to do whatever they have to do to get that free labor back, even if it means firing you and replacing you with someone newer and cheaper who will cut the same corners that you did for so long.

I dont doubt your sincerity or your good intentions. You sound like a good, hard-working employee and family man. But by lying on your timecard, you are slowly painting yourself into a corner and the day will come when you will be looking for some way out and it wont be there.

kingOFchester

Actually, it isnt the same.

I'm not slamming you here, I'm just pointing out some very simple facts.

You are falsifying a timecard and you are partially responsible for costing a preloader his job. Your preload operation is staffed at a certain level based upon how many hours it takes to get the cars loaded. By dishonestly falsifying your timecard and working 30 minutes for free in the AM, you are allowing the company to get away with understaffing the preload operation.

Fewer employees on the payroll decreases the Pension and Health&Welfare contributions that the company would make on their behalf. Those contributions are made on a hourly basis, so by working off of the clock they are also contributing less for you.

I understand that what you are doing seems to be the most efficient way to get the work done, and that it doesnt wind up affecting your paycheck due to the "bonus" you are getting. But if it truly is the best way, why should you be required to lie about it when you submit your time card every day? Why wont the company allow you to be honest about what you are doing?

You also admit that your attitude "may" change when your kids move out and you get older and more beat up. Well, I've got a news flash for you; your attitude may change, but UPS's attitude wont.

They want that free labor that you have been giving them for so many years, they are hooked on it, and the day you start withholding it they are going to react the same way that a heroin addict would if you took his drugs away.

They aren't loyal. They wont care about the fact that you are older or more beat up. They are going to do whatever they have to do to get that free labor back, even if it means firing you and replacing you with someone newer and cheaper who will cut the same corners that you did for so long.

I dont doubt your sincerity or your good intentions. You sound like a good, hard-working employee and family man. But by lying on your timecard, you are slowly painting yourself into a corner and the day will come when you will be looking for some way out and it wont be there.

Great post and points well taken. I am not going to sit here and saY I am perfect, or I am always right. Not sure that By moving packages around in a car is costing a preloader a job, But maybe enough of us doing does.?!?!

Anywho, as I have stated and you have acknowledge, I will probably change as time goes on as a lot of you have....and are all still employed with UPS...so they may go threw withdrawl and I will have to cross that hurddle when the time comes.

So, back to my first post....peak still sux.

hedm2005

In my experiences, peak is only as bad/good as the organization behind it. Seems like planning isn't really to high up on my superiors list. Of course, things happen, like delayed planes and call-ins from union abusers, but it's not so bad. The money makes it more than worth it, in my opinion. And to Soberups: lying on a time card is lying on a time card, no matter how you spin it. Your dedication is to be commended, though.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In my experiences, peak is only as bad/good as the organization behind it. Seems like planning isn't really to high up on my superiors list. Of course, things happen, like delayed planes and call-ins from union abusers, but it's not so bad. The money makes it more than worth it, in my opinion. And to Soberups: lying on a time card is lying on a time card, no matter how you spin it. Your dedication is to be commended, though.
Yeah, I heard some slacker down at Worldport dialed it in on Friday.....