Peak sucks

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
id say about 90 percent of the time i am punched out with 7 hrs on the clock,, 9 am start,, punched out 4 pm ish,, most of the time with around a 9.0 to 9.5 planned day..unless i do a pay actual that lunch hr is meaningless.. granted, ive seen some demotivating cms who send those who come in early back out to help those that dont finish early,, that is a quick fix to a bonus driver,, however these types of center manager's never last long..

The question wasnt about what time you punched out, or what your "planned" day was, or whether your lunch hour was "meaningless".

The question was about whether or not you lied by falsifying your time card and indicating that you took a lunch when in fact you did not.

You can justify it and rationalize it all you want but the bottom line is that when you submit your time card you are either telling the truth or you aren't.

If you didnt take a lunch, thats fine. Why should you have to lie about it? Whats wrong with simply telling the truth?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The question wasnt about what time you punched out, or what your "planned" day was, or whether your lunch hour was "meaningless".

The question was about whether or not you lied by falsifying your time card and indicating that you took a lunch when in fact you did not.

You can justify it and rationalize it all you want but the bottom line is that when you submit your time card you are either telling the truth or you aren't.

If you didnt take a lunch, thats fine. Why should you have to lie about it? Whats wrong with simply telling the truth?
i understand what your point is,, but this is ups,, things never will change,, never... i play the game to work the best for me,, i exploit the system to make tons of money,, the same way people work slow to get OT,, run extra miles, ect ect,, i do it the way it comes easiest to me... would you feel better if i sat at the building for a hour,, still coming in under 8 hrs,, to appease those that cant run under or get harrased about production standards?? what would it change,, there are extremes,, those who run massive under,, those that run massive over,, and the majority that do it just right at scratch, and that is where the averages fit in

soberups

i understand what your point is,, but this is ups,, things never will change,, never... i play the game to work the best for me,, i exploit the system to make tons of money,, the same way people work slow to get OT,, run extra miles, ect ect,, i do it the way it comes easiest to me... would you feel better if i sat at the building for a hour,, still coming in under 8 hrs,, to appease those that cant run under or get harrased about production standards?? what would it change,, there are extremes,, those who run massive under,, those that run massive over,, and the majority that do it just right at scratch, and that is where the averages fit in

If "the way it comes easy to you" is to skip your lunch and get off early, more power to you.

The problem is that, by lying and falsifying your timecard, you are helping to perpetuate a dishonest and impossible production standard that the company will try to impose upon your coworkers.

If you go on vacation and I cover your route for you, I am placed in a position where my only two options are to (a) skip my lunch and lie about it or (b) to take my lunch, accurately record it, and accept the production harassment that will inevitably occur when my honest SPORH is compared to your dishonest one.

You still have not explained why it is that you are compelled to lie about how much lunch you are actually taking.

Raw

Raw Member
Finished my last and 205th stop yesterday at 4:30pm then dined with my helper for the 45 minutes left on break! Very tight area and about half ( better half) of my full route. Never had it so smooth ( thx management) and I was the 4th driver in so I hope it keeps up! :happy-very:

RFDUpsSup

RFD Hub OUtbound Sup.
Peak doesn't so much suck this year at RFD, at least not for myself. I had the fortune of getting a full staff of decent seasonals.

What sucks is that I was insane enough to volunteer for the Sunrise sort and am not able to take off my other full-time job for the two weeks of peak. It's only Thursday and I have 29.5 UPS Hours in and 33 other hours in. But its only 2 weeks, I can sleep on Friday night and Sunday when I don't have to work and its worth the double paycheck I'll get Christmas Eve.

Yay Peak =D

hellfire

If "the way it comes easy to you" is to skip your lunch and get off early, more power to you.

The problem is that, by lying and falsifying your timecard, you are helping to perpetuate a dishonest and impossible production standard that the company will try to impose upon your coworkers.
so your saying if every driver that skips lunch sat for a solid hr things would be diff,ie would not impose silly time standards,, the ups world would be easy and happy?????
If you go on vacation and I cover your route for you, I am placed in a position where my only two options are to (a) skip my lunch and lie about it or (b) to take my lunch, accurately record it, and accept the production harassment that will inevitably occur when my honest SPORH is compared to your dishonest one.
my management does not expect a cover driver to match my numbers
You still have not explained why it is that you are compelled to lie about how much lunch you are actually taking.[/QUOTE-------------- sober,, you know the game goin on here and you nor anybody else will ever change it,, ive figured it out and made it work to my advantage,, now we can all sit around and piss moan about it or manipulate it to work for us...your not gonna change the system, i promise,, i figured that out years ago,, now the system works for me,, not me for it

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Today I was told to keep my helper for 8.8 hours.... I am 45 mins from the building.... I was then told I should be back in under 9 hours.

Question does UPS have a time machine they have not told me about?

Merry Christmas.

Today I was told to keep my helper for 8.8 hours.... I am 45 mins from the building.... I was then told I should be back in under 9 hours.

Question does UPS have a time machine they have not told me about?No they don't but after the next contract is negociated I'm sure they will.

Merry Christmas.

soberups

sober,, you know the game goin on here and you nor anybody else will ever change it,, ive figured it out and made it work to my advantage,, now we can all sit around and piss moan about it or manipulate it to work for us...your not gonna change the system, i promise,, i figured that out years ago,, now the system works for me,, not me for it

I'm glad you figured out a way to "manipulate the system" that works for you.

Its too bad that you have to lie in order to make it work, and its unfortunate that your management team has so little respect for you...or for themselves...that they would encourage you to lie.

And you still have not answered the most important question....why do you have to lie on your timecard about skipping your lunch? What would happen if you skipped your lunch and simply told the truth about it?

I am long past the point of feeling like I have to fight or manipulate the system. I just show up every day and do my job and tell the truth about what I have done instead of playing dishonest games. Its really a lot simpler that way.

hellfire

Until he has that one slip up that costs him his job. A moment of Zen, a life of lies!
i have 28 yrs in,,, the retirement money is allready set in stone,, and also,, i have alot of those slip ups that the underachievers speak of,,guess what,, im still here,,, you union lovers are big into solidarity and doin it for the union team,, try working with your operations level management team,, it gets you there much faster and easier,, less stress and more $$$$$$$$$

DS

Fenderbender
I hate peak.This is what happens to my hands every peak.
the 3 c's cold cardboard and logistiCs

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm glad you figured out a way to "manipulate the system" that works for you.

Its too bad that you have to lie in order to make it work, and its unfortunate that your management team has so little respect for you...or for themselves...that they would encourage you to lie.

And you still have not answered the most important question....why do you have to lie on your timecard about skipping your lunch? What would happen if you skipped your lunch and simply told the truth about it?

I am long past the point of feeling like I have to fight or manipulate the system. I just show up every day and do my job and tell the truth about what I have done instead of playing dishonest games. Its really a lot simpler that way.

I would say "Another moment of Zen" except you are obviously not at peace.