Pelosi

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi said Democrats were trying to "save the world from the Republican budget " and "save life on this planet as we know it."

What a drama queen !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Friday, September 30, 2011 @ 10:15 am
Pelosi: Total Coincidence My Brother-In-Law Secured $737 Million Federal Loan For His “Green” Energy Firm…
Cough . . . cough . . . bull**** . . .cough . . . cough.
SANTA MONICA — Department of Energy officials and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi have slammed as absurd reports from conservative blogs that inflated the connection between Pelosi’s brother-in-law and a Nevada solar power project that received a $737 million federal government loan guarantee this week. . . .

Ronald Pelosi joined Pacific Corporate Group in April, roughly three years after it had invested in SolarReserve, a company official confirmed Thursday. The official said Ronald Pelosi doesn’t stand to profit or lose from the firm’s stake in SolarReserve because he doesn’t have an interest in the fund that made that investment.

The Pacific Corporate Group official said Thursday that no one from the firm had contacted the White House in connection with the application.

“This is an absurd suggestion,” Department of Energy press secretary Damien LaVera said of any connection between Ronald Pelosi and the loan guarantee announcement. “Many months of rigorous technical, financial and legal due diligence was done by nonpolitical career employees to scrutinize every aspect of this transaction — over a period of years.

Nancy Pelosi, at an event Thursday in San Francisco to drum up support for President Obama’s jobs plan, told The Chronicle that she was not familiar with the solar firm, its federal loan application or any association her brother-in-law had with the firm.
Ronald Pelosi is “a great guy,” she said, adding that she was sorry he had been “dragged into this.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi Shocked And Outraged Republicans Using Term “Class Warfare” To Describe Obama’s Rhetoric…
I know, how dare we accurately describe something, especially when Obama himself has embraced it.
(The Hill) — The House minority leader over the weekend slammed Republicans for using the term “class warfare” as a criticism of the administration’s policies, calling it a “defense” for their position.
Republicans have charged that President Obama’s plan to tax the wealthy in order to pay for his deficit-reduction plan is the administration engaging in class warfare. The GOP has indicated resistance to taxing the wealthy, saying it would unfairly punish job creators.
“Am I missing something here?” Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) asked Sunday at the 2011 New Yorker Festival. “That is an illegitimate charge in a country that has life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in its founding documents.”
Pelosi said she has told Democrats heading into deficit-reduction negotiations on the new congressional supercommittee to keep in mind “the fact that 15 percent of American people live in poverty” as they seek to reach a deal by Thanksgiving.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi Says Unemployment Rate Would Have Hit 14.5% Without Stimulus…

Call me crazy but I think she’s just making up numbers.
(Weekly Standard) — Nancy Pelosi refuses to use the word “stimulus” to describe the president’s “American Jobs Act.” But when asked today to name significant differences between the Jobs Act and the 2009 stimulus package, Pelosi didn’t identify any, except the amount of money each bill costs. “This is a much smaller package,” she said of the $497 billion American Jobs Act. The 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act cost $862 billion.

Pelosi praised the 2009 Recovery Act as a “a success in terms of job creation,” though it wasn’t “fully appreciated.”
“Without the Recovery Act and accompanying federal interventions, whether from the Fed, or Cash for Clunkers, or other initiatives, the unemployment rate last year at the time of the election would have been fourteen and a half percent, not nine and a half percent,” said Minority Leader Pelosi. “But if you’re a voter and you don’t have a job that doesn’t mean anything to you and that’s right, because nine and a half percent is too high.”

The White House infamously predicted that the Recovery Act would keep the unemployment rate from rising above 8 percent. Democrats have since argued that things would have been even worse had the stimulus not passed. Pelosi’s claim that the unemployment rate would have reached 14.5 percent without government intervention seems to be a new high.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Those grannys waving the American flags scared the hell out of Nancy but the kids getting arrested and crapping on police cars makes her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. WTF!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi Worships At The Altar Of Hope And Change: I Have Never Been Disappointed In Obama…

All hail Chicago Jesus.
(The Hill) — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) urged the president to continue his public efforts to sell his American Jobs Act legislation and downplayed any rifts between Democratic lawmakers and Obama over the package.
“Senate Democrats overwhelmingly are promoting it,” said Pelosi of the jobs bill in an interview which aired Sunday on ABC’s This Week.

“There are one or two — a few that may have some concerns about one aspect of it or another. But what’s important is the president is taking it to the people,” she said.

Pelosi denied suggestions that she had previously been “disappointed” with the president’s efforts to promote jobs creation measures.

“I don’t remember being ever disappointed in the president, but I — I do think that doing more is better,” she insisted.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ZIP | Sunday, October 9, 2011 @ 10:23 pm | (So nice to know Pelosi supports them!)
[h=2]Occupiers Of The Day…[/h]Shockingly, these are Nancy Pelosi’s constituents.

Zombie attended “Occupy SF” and added this caption:
Only at a San Francisco protest could there be a freak so freaky that even the naked guy would look at him aghast.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi On GOP Bill To Stop Funding For Abortions: “Republicans Want Women To Die On The Floor!” — Update: House Passes Bill, Pelosi On Suicide Watch…
She’s out of her flippin’ mind. We don’t want to have our tax dollars used to pay for the slaughter of unborn children, I don’t think that’s asking too much.
(Politico) — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi blasted an abortion bill the House will vote on later Thursday — claiming that the legislation could ultimately make women “die on the floor of health care providers.”

The bill, called the Protect Life Act, would ban the federal funding for abortions and bar women from using tax subsidies from the health care law to buy insurance that cover abortion — except in cases of rape, incest or the health of the mother. It would also ensure that health-care providers are protected if they believe that performing abortion procedures clashes with their personal beliefs.

“Under this bill, when the Republicans vote for this bill today, they will be voting to say that women can die on the floor of health care providers. . . it’s just appalling,” Pelosi told reporters on Thursday. “I can’t even describe to you the logic of what they are doing today.”
UPDATE: The Abortionist-in-Chief has already said he will veto it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
178972.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don’t get it, she has such an electrifying personality, why wouldn’t they want her around?

(Roll Call) — Congressional leaders met this week with two of the most important people in Washington: the co-chairmen of the Joint Committee for Deficit Reduction. There was only one problem: House Minority LeaderNancy Pelosi didn’t even know the meeting was taking place.

With work on the all-important super committee finally kicking into high gear, panel co-chairmen Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) met with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D-Nev.), Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Minority WhipJon Kyl (R-Ariz.) in the leadership suite of Senate Minority LeaderMitch McConnell (R-Ky.). Kyl is also member of the deficit panel.
Though sources close to the principals declined to comment on the nature of the discussions between the leaders, they all confirmed that Pelosi was not present.

In addition, Pelosi and Reid held their regular weekly meeting at about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, just moments after the session in McConnell’s office ended.