Penalty Overtime

JustDeliverIt

Isn’t over 9.5 paid at triple time?

Only if you're violated 3 times or more in a week, then you still have to file. They get 2 free ones and just move the work around (at least here) and no one gets 3 in a week. And it should be automatically put in your pay, no grievance necessary. But the company knows the majority of people won't file so why give it away if not many will ask for it.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Only if you're violated 3 times or more in a week, then you still have to file. They get 2 free ones and just move the work around (at least here) and no one gets 3 in a week. And it should be automatically put in your pay, no grievance necessary. But the company knows the majority of people won't file so why give it away if not many will ask for it.
Yeah I knew this already. Just confused why this is even a thread.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was talking to a USPS guy on my route today and he informed me of something they have called Penalty Overtime. After 8 hours of work in a day, they get time and half. After 10 hours of work in a day (minus a lunch), USPS employees are compensated at double time. While it would be extremely tough, do you guys think we could potentially negotiate for something similar? I understand that we don't pay a dime for benefits, make more money overall, better pension, etc. But I also understand that this company is only becoming more profitable. It's been peak at my building since 2019. The stock price has almost tripled since 2020. Carol is out for blood this next contract. Wages will stagnate, and if our union lays down again, there will be many more concessions. If we could negotiate double time after 10 hours, how quickly would these penny pinching scumbags hire more people to properly staff the operation? Just an early Saturday morning rant. What do you guys think?
we get triple time after 9.5 lol

I do think the best solution is auto double time after 9 hours and triple time after 10

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
"Carol is out for blood this next contract"...:fantasysmiley:

"Wages will stagnate, and if our union lays down again, there will be many more concessions (22.4's).."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ...:nervoussmiley::beafraid::bsbullf:

Uncle Carol will be a victim of her own success when it comes time to negotiate the new contract.

Remember the days when the company used to feel pressure from Wall Street to settle when the stock was only at $100 a share? What will Wall Street say now that it has skyrocketed past 200?

If she wants to save money she can :censored2:can more redundant management. God knows we have plenty of it here.

Whereistheunion

I was talking to a USPS guy on my route today and he informed me of something they have called Penalty Overtime. After 8 hours of work in a day, they get time and half. After 10 hours of work in a day (minus a lunch), USPS employees are compensated at double time. While it would be extremely tough, do you guys think we could potentially negotiate for something similar? I understand that we don't pay a dime for benefits, make more money overall, better pension, etc. But I also understand that this company is only becoming more profitable. It's been peak at my building since 2019. The stock price has almost tripled since 2020. Carol is out for blood this next contract. Wages will stagnate, and if our union lays down again, there will be many more concessions. If we could negotiate double time after 10 hours, how quickly would these penny pinching scumbags hire more people to properly staff the operation? Just an early Saturday morning rant. What do you guys think?
As a matter of personal opinion, the New CEO plans to cut pay and people as much as possible. I doubt if we get anything that works in our favor that doesn't benefit UPS more. We are still wrestling with 15yr old language with our 9.5 issues.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
As a matter of personal opinion, the New CEO plans to cut pay and people as much as possible. I doubt if we get anything that works in our favor that doesn't benefit UPS more. We are still wrestling with 15yr old language with our 9.5 issues.
Our center manager was just whining at Friday’s PCM about how many millions we waste the company every day in overallowed hours, and how we need to “tighten it up.” Several drivers are being told that their routes are being monitored by corporate because of overallowed.

rod

Retired 22 years
Face it---you got beards. That is all you have wanted for years and that is all you are going to get.

rod

Retired 22 years
Our center manager was just whining at Friday’s PCM about how many millions we waste the company every day in overallowed hours, and how we need to “tighten it up.” Several drivers are being told that their routes are being monitored by corporate because of overallowed.
We were always told we were the worst center in Mn. It turns out other centers we talked to said they were told the same. Go figure. Don't believe anything they spew out of their pie hole.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We were always told we were the worst center in Mn. It turns out other centers we talked to said they were told the same. Go figure. Don't believe anything they spew out of their pie hole.
Yeah, we’ve heard this crap for years, but now they’re sending diad messages to individual drivers asking what they could have done the day before, because that hour of overallowed was just too much. They never want to hear that maybe it’s their numbers that is the problem.

Nah
Yeah, we’ve heard this crap for years, but now they’re sending diad messages to individual drivers asking what they could have done the day before, because that hour of overallowed was just too much. They never want to hear that maybe it’s their numbers that is the problem.
"Well, I spent a lot of time responding to these DIAD messages yesterday."

I'm sure they'd love that lol