Pension question

AB831

Do you have to be full time for five years or just with the company five years? I’ve been with the company four and been full time for 18 months

McFeely

Huge Member
My husband may retire early - we are trying to figure out what, regardless of how
Little, I would get after only 5 years service

Have you gone on the PPA website? I was just on there yesterday and you can calculate different scenarios based on age and income.

Pretty good calculators really. Definitely gave me a better idea of what I can (hope to) count on in addition to my 401k and my 2 IRAs.

floridays

Do you have to be full time for five years or just with the company five years? I’ve been with the company four and been full time for 18 months
I could help you but it's much more enjoyable watching @59 Dano break your heart.
I'm not proud of Fedex's new portable pension, est 2003. That's just one persons opinion however.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Have you gone on the PPA website? I was just on there yesterday and you can calculate different scenarios based on age and income.

Pretty good calculators really. Definitely gave me a better idea of what I can (hope to) count on in addition to my 401k and my 2 IRAs.
So how much you at right now? Break it down for me. I'll be secretive about it.

BTW, Ancient Aliens is back on History tonight! Forget these rallies around the country.... get your Alien fix! Father has a better take on it.

Anyways, thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

McFeely

Huge Member
So how much you at right now? Break it down for me. I'll be secretive about it.

PPA is next to nothing. It’s a joke. But it’s still free money (5% a year right now).

My 401k and IRAs are in good shape overall, but that’s because of my own saving when I was younger.

fdxsux

PPA is next to nothing. It’s a joke. But it’s still free money (5% a year right now).

My 401k and IRAs are in good shape overall, but that’s because of my own saving when I was younger.
How do I sign up for the “free money “? They’re making me work 40 hours a week for my pension.

floridays

How do I sign up for the “free money “? They’re making me work 40 hours a week for my pension.
Sit on your ass and force them to meet your demands?

"Free money,"
I don't understand the concept, how does this "free money " work?

overflowed

Pension -

Yes, judge me - I should know this already.. at what year are full time couriers vested?
Take this info as you will , was at express for 10 years. My portable pension was $24,000 . My job now pays me out 75% of my top 3 years for pension. I currently make about 75k with no OT. So , if you want to ask . My advice , is leave as soon as possible. Good luck fedexGirl

floridays

Take this info as you will , was at express for 10 years. My portable pension was $24,000 . My job now pays me out 75% of my top 3 years for pension. I currently make about 75k with no OT. So , if you want to ask . My advice , is leave as soon as possible. Good luck fedexGirl
Portable pension is good only for those that had their 25 years before, or were close when the traditional was retired. For those that were, PPA is a great double dip.
Come on @59 Dano , explain to me how I'm full of Fedex and how it is good for any other than I noted.

!Retired!

You just need to be a permanent employee
You need to work 1000 hours to have money put into your pension plan. But, the more you work, the more goes in

McFeely

Huge Member

"Free money,"
I don't understand the concept, how does this "free money " work?

Free money was a poor choice of words on my part. That being said, 5% extra pay into my retirement is put in by FedEx and not me.

You know as well as I do that you gotta take every advantage/pay/compensation/bonus that you can at FedEx, because it may be gone soon. Save early and as much as you can, so you can retire when and how you want to.