pension question

mrbrown45

Ok is this just UPS pension or is it union too? Seems nobody knows what thier getting thats kinda scary. An older friend of mine who works part time at an airport UPS in CT swears he has a pension comming of $900.00 plus right now after seven years of service is this possible? He also says that Ct region union is different from down south or others and pensions are much higher in Ct . He also says every year his pension goes up approx. $175.00. Im starting at UPS soon part time and would love to hear a straight answer.

p1000

Free at Last
Management is UPS pension and hourly is union. Pension's are different from local to local. I am out of 355 ( Baltimore ) and ours is very good. I am at 3995 a month as of August 2006. When I go Xmas of next year I should be around 4100 a month.

mrbrown45

Management is UPS pension and hourly is union. Pension's are different from local to local. I am out of 355 ( Baltimore ) and ours is very good. I am at 3995 a month as of August 2006. When I go Xmas of next year I should be around 4100 a month.

Are you ft or pt and how many years have you been there?

p1000

Free at Last
Sorry, Full time since 8/79 part time 5/77 till 8/79. We can go at age 50 so long you have 10 years vested.

mrbrown45

Sorry, Full time since 8/79 part time 5/77 till 8/79. We can go at age 50 so long you have 10 years vested.

Well thank you for the info !

J

JonFrum

A part-time union UPSer in CT is probably in the New England Teamsters and Trucking Industry Pension Fund, because all part-timers are in the union-sponsored fund in New England. Visit . . .
New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension Fund

If so, he needs five years to be Vested and fifteen years to be eligible for early retirement. His vested pension is payable at Normal Retirement Age, which is age 64, or as early as age 55 if he has enough years of Pension Credits. If he recently got an annual statement in the mail from the Fund, remember, the monthly retirement amount shown is not collectible until age 64, when it won't be worth nearly as much as it would be if it were collectible right now, unless he's 64 or older right now.

A Special Service pension is available with 25 years service at age 57. (Click on Tables tab, then Table 10 and Table 12.)

[ It's very complicated. Are we sure he is a Teamster, and not an employee of one of UPS' other units? Or is he perhaps covered by the New York fund? ]

mrbrown45

Thanks you have been extremely helpful sounds like the plan my friend has im going to research further. Both myself and my wife have job interviews with UPS Monday we are self employed and dont have any bennies! Thanks again.