Pension Questions-Western Region

IESucks

Ok, another question. Once retiring, I will have the privilege of paying $300 per month for health insurance, plus a $400 annual deductible after which insurance pays at an 80/20 split until $1000 out of pocket is reached. Then it's at 100%. So my math says retiree insurance costs 5k a year.
This insurance takes a 2nd position behind Medicare at 65.
The question.....will I still be paying 5k yearly for this back up insurance at 65?

Medicare costs a similar amount. It's not free.
I got all my answers by calling retirement dept, emailing them, and talking to insurance comp

JackStraw

Oct. 31 is my last day. I will receive a pension ck via direct deposit on Nov. 1. Also, I will receive a lump sum ck for 6 weeks vacation. That's how it works in my local anyway. Huzzzah!!

brown for 33

So if you retire in November of 2018 and you have picked your 2019 vacation weeks that you earned...will you receive the pay for those 2019 vacation weeks?

IESucks

So if you retire in November of 2018 and you have picked your 2019 vacation weeks that you earned...will you receive the pay for those 2019 vacation weeks?
Yes, on a live check at your center usually the week after your last check. Just check ur pay checks on upsers.com to know when to pick it up

Shiftless

I thought you had to work one day in 2019 to get that six weeks of pay?

Vacation is "Accrued" which means the sums of money or benefits received by someone in regular or increasing amounts over time. Key word "TIME" Not everyone starts in January. In our case from the year prior for most. People have start times all year long. Altho you may bid in January or March on the vacation schedule for 2019 you may a have accrued your time in October 2018 as an example. That is why on first go rounds of seniority biding for vacations you can only bid 1 years worth of vacation in the first round. If you have left overs, over the amount you get for the year you can bid that the second go round if time slots are available. Well at least in the WCT areas covered unless other wise specified in contract supplements.

IESucks

Vacation is "Accrued" which means the sums of money or benefits received by someone in regular or increasing amounts over time. Key word "TIME" Not everyone starts in January. In our case from the year prior for most. People have start times all year long. Altho you may bid in January or March on the vacation schedule for 2019 you may a have accrued your time in October 2018 as an example. That is why on first go rounds of seniority biding for vacations you can only bid 1 years worth of vacation in the first round. If you have left overs, over the amount you get for the year you can bid that the second go round if time slots are available. Well at least in the WCT areas covered unless other wise specified in contract supplements.
Omg like I said. Nope

Second go around ??? Over time?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sounds awful complicated. Here we just bid all our vacation in seniority order.

Shiftless

Sounds awful complicated. Here we just bid all our vacation in seniority order.

So in your area you can bid all your vacation in seniority order. What happens when a senior driver has saved weeks of vacation he has not used from previous years, can that driver just keep bidding until he is satisfied or can you not save vacation in your area?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Can't roll unused vacation over here. You can save one week to use for personal days but if you don't use them by the end of the year they get paid out.

Shiftless

In my area of the WCT we can roll vacation. That's why you cant bid more than you get in one year on the first bid. Drivers with 30 years would block out the summer if just a handful did it.