Personal car deliveries

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kanovic, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Skull_Leader

Skull_Leader Member

The company treats PVDs as temporary, part timers, so some drivers treat the job as a temporary, part time job. Many of which are just there to have extra money to pay for the crap they bought for Christmas

2. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Hey, nuthin wrong with a Nissan Altima...

sketch-1576641951995.png

Sure, the oil pan rotted away when I got this used 2006 one... and the timing chain replacement is a major pita when the time comes to do it... otherwise, it's a decent car

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

4. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

whistle.gif

5. Justaloader

Justaloader Active Member

How many crank position sensors have you had to replace? (My wife had an '04.....that sensor went bad every 6 months without fail. Nissan blamed the sensor manufacturer, and likewise the manufacturer blamed Nissan, so a recall was never issued)

6. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

And every year, they are delivery more packages than the year before.

As long as these PVD's are classified and paid as seasonal package car drivers, and are union members, I don't care if UPS puts them in a U-Haul or allows them to use their own vehicles.

They don't rent out every truck they have to UPS and FedEx and leave themselves with nothing left for everybody else.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

I used to run misloads on my way home from work in my personal car-----does that count?

8. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

It depends.
    Were you still on the clock or off the clock?

9. UpstateNYUPSer

Off but I would call them when I got home and they would adjust accordingly.