Personal car deliveries

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Personal experience?

Absolutely.

When I was on my country route I met each and every highway department as each of them pulled me out of a snowbank at one time or another. As for the mailboxes, most of the carriers were cool but there was this one dick who insisted on bringing the stuff back and calling my supervisor. Keep in mind, it's not like I did this every single day----it was only on the days were there was no way in heck I was making it down their driveway.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Absolutely.

When I was on my country route I met each and every highway department as each of them pulled me out of a snowbank at one time or another. As for the mailboxes, most of the carriers were cool but there was this one dick who insisted on bringing the stuff back and calling my supervisor. Keep in mind, it's not like I did this every single day----it was only on the days were there was no way in heck I was making it down their driveway.

Dave's a rebel.... breaking the law.

Your Mailbox Could Be Opened Up To Private Carriers

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Been doing it all my life.

CBD34974-7166-4FE5-9FC8-9E76DC04B66E.gif

542thruNthru

There are many furious seniority drivers in my area. They're PVDing all of their rural 30 stop/9 hr routes and giving them 500-600 residential stops in the city. Now BOTH drivers don't know where they're going. Why do they insist on switching things when things get crazy?

They've earned those easier routes. I live in a bigger state with cell phone reception only in the 4-5 major areas. So knowing the rural ins and outs is key. What a cluster of crap.

I like the warning, holidays may be required. There's only one holiday left. Are PVDs gonna be working Christmas day to ensure their $1,000 bonus is maintained?

In my area we have language that says seasonals can not knock someone off their route.

MattM

You can't make this up.

I overheard a RPCD today talking about PVD volume he had for the PVD driber. They were supposed to meet somewhere for the exchange. Apparently the PVD called in the day prior to ask for Tuesday off.

Cream of the crop these PVD drivers are. You work 4 weeks out of the year but need a day off right before Christmas.

So now this guy has a full p-1000 and it's already 10am.

They're really putting all their eggs into this PVD basket.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They're really putting all their eggs into this PVD basket.

How else do you think that the company can deliver all this volume?

They're already using every package car, every rental in every city they can find, and every helper willing to work.

These PVD's are seasonal package car drivers, minus the package car, because there are none left.

Do you have any other suggestions for the company on how to get this crap delivered?

How about we switch RPCD's to 70 hours. Oh, that's right. That already happened and they are still behind.

Maybe you would like to work 16 hours a day?

clean hairy

How else do you think that the company can deliver all this volume?

They're already using every package car, every rental in every city they can find, and every helper willing to work.

These PVD's are seasonal package car drivers, minus the package car, because there are none left.

Do you have any other suggestions for the company on how to get this crap delivered?

How about we switch RPCD's to 70 hours. Oh, that's right. That already happened and they are still behind.

Maybe you would like to work 16 hours a day?
After more than 100 peak seasons, they should have it figured out!
I wish we could write them up for making peak a mess each year!
There are rental truck places near me that have many trucks not being rented.