Personal car deliveries

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We got a flyer passed out last week that we are hiring people for peak to deliver packages out of their own cars. Paying up to 21/hr and inside employees cannot do it. Anyone else seen this? Curious how this will work. Seems to me it will end badly

We got a flyer passed out last week that we are hiring people for peak to deliver packages out of their own cars. Paying up to 21/hr and inside employees cannot do it. Anyone else seen this? Curious how this will work. Seems to me it will end badly
UPS did this last year. Division managers daughter was one at my building.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We’ve been doing this 3-4 years I think

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We are a smaller hub. Been there 14yrs this is the first time I’ve heard of this lol. Everyone laughed when they passed the flyers around

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't get it. WHO in their friend'n right mind would come out of retirement for peak? One of the guys (the latest one to retire) mentioned that he was going to do this at the last retired UPS driver monthly breakfast we have. It didn't take him long to realized he probably should have never brought it up. I have a feeling we won't be seeing him at breakfast anytime soon.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They plan on making PVDs and 8 hour day here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don't get it. WHO in their friend'n right mind would come out of retirement for peak? One of the guys (the latest one to retire) mentioned that he was going to do this at the last retired UPS driver monthly breakfast we have. It didn't take him long to realized he probably should have never brought it up. I have a feeling we won't be seeing him at breakfast anytime soon.

We’ve got one that goes back every year
Said it’s the best job he’s ever had gets paid driver wage and is basically a shuttle driver told them doesn’t want more than 8 hours a day

Claims he made 6k last year

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Did he get Whacked ??

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We were told that my center is supposed to get 62 of them alone. We’re one of just 3 centers in my building. Here’s the thing, they were first created to supposedly deliver rural out of the way deliveries. Well my building has maybe 8 total extended routes. The other 250 are all business/residential routes “in town”. Typical UPS always exploiting this contractual BS. FYI.....out of all the ones they used last year only 3 or 4 actually stuck it out till the end.